x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

InVion GPS need help

[Frozen]
1 2
Frozen
jumpingjesse Page Icon Posted 2008-01-05 4:04 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello TFGBD.

I too just bought the Invion 4" GPS. model GPS-4V206-IUS. (no buttons). I'm going to try the hack suggested in this thread. I'm motivated to run golf course mapping software, however, running tomtom software may appeal to me also.

Hopefully I can accomplish the tasks since I don't have any experience with Win CE OS.
 Top of the page
bcbobcat99
bcbobcat99 Page Icon Posted 2008-02-20 1:50 PM
#
Could someone please help me?! i own an Invion 3v106 and 4v106 and would like to update the mapping software to Destinator 7 OR any other updated software that will work on these units. i'm a senior and would really appreciate STEP-BY-STEP, detailed instructions on how to do this. i've read these posts and have no idea what you all mean by 'root' folder/directory, etc. i know this is asking alot of someone, but i would REALLY appreciate the help.

thank you!
 Top of the page
lhernand
lhernand Page Icon Posted 2008-03-31 8:53 PM
#

Sorry, I trying to follow yours steps, you get some info?

thanks in advance.

Luis Enrique
 Top of the page
Johnsel Page Icon Posted 2008-04-01 12:47 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hey all!

I saw this thread about this pna and can't resist to post, since i'm busy on a pna too
The registry issue is not a that big problem, and has a fairly easy workaround if you have a bit of knowledge of the registry.
I just woke up so i'm not going to type a complete step by step walkthrough but i'll explain the idea and attach a zip with the files i'll talk about.
I got the idea from the MioPocket unlock kit which is also a GREAT source for idea's. So on to the workaround. The problem is the registry changes are not saved on ram on poweroff, so you'll need to make every registry change again when u turn the device off. I hear you think, well i knew that, true. Now with a little hackerish thinking the easiest solution is to just make a script which does this at startup. Since it runs its shell from SD card file Alturion GPS.exe u can replace that with a MortScript Autorun script which does this for you. Mortscript to me is the ultimate hacking tool for CE, and also can register file extensions to programs.
So just register file extension .reg with a regeditor that supports importing (from cmdline) and exporting to .reg, the problem is solved.
I can't download TFGBD's explorer runner script, so i'll create a little script for you. If anyone could try it and tell me if works it would be nice
If it doesn't, please post it here with the problem you encountered (probably SD card path).

Attachments
----------------
Attachments regworkaround.rar (56KB - 98 downloads)
 Top of the page
jimdoerr
jimdoerr Page Icon Posted 2008-04-13 12:50 PM
#
Looking for downloads for the inVion 3.5 gps such as churches in locations to visit as one of the poi's. any help would be appreciated. a friend sent me the tomtom download for churches but, i am technically disadvantaged on how to do this or even if it is compatible. thanks, Jim
 Top of the page
lenticularis Page Icon Posted 2008-04-16 6:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Johnson,

Thanks for the help. It's now possible for me to enter the windows CE OS on my Invion GPS 5V105. Now I am one step further in what I want and that is putting some other navigation programs on the device like NavGPS pro or Pocket FMS, both for aerial navigation.

Many thanks
J. van Dongen
The Netherlands
 Top of the page
bob5731
bob5731 Page Icon Posted 2008-08-20 8:00 PM
#
Hi
Can you all give a step by step walkthrough on to put tomtom and NavGPS pro or Pocket FMS?

Edited by bob5731 2008-08-20 8:06 PM
 Top of the page
mike scott
mike scott Page Icon Posted 2009-01-21 9:37 AM
#
would like to download updates for my 3.5 screen gps-3v106-ius
 Top of the page
Mike
Mike Page Icon Posted 2009-02-03 10:32 AM
#
Updates will be available once a year from Destinator site.
 Top of the page
1 2
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.314 - Cached queries : 40 - Executed queries : 31