x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

terry8mm
terry8mm Page Icon Posted 2005-03-05 12:58 AM
#
I found a wireless lan card, per the list, AmbiCom- WL1100-CF. Finally found it at Compusa, ouch$$$$.

Installed O.K. I can't get my wireless router(DLINK # DL-624 Rev. C) to assign it an IP addy??!!??!!??
I don't want to change everything else to static addy's if I don't have to.

The NEC 780/wifi card are "seeing" the router, it finds the MAC etc. A ping to the router fails.

TIA, for any ideas.

The older I get, the better I was.

Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-03-07 5:06 AM
#
H/PC Elder

The only thing I can suggest is a soft reset, then wait a few minutes for the DHCP server to assign an IP.

btw, the DHCP server should have an option to define the range which the IPs can be assigned. If you want to use a fixed IP on a single machine, simply set it outside the DHCP range. The default gateway itself is the perfect example; it usually sets itself to 192.168.0.1 and the DHCP server usually doesn't put that into the range of assignable IPs (duh).

Edited by takwu 2005-03-07 5:12 AM
 Top of the page
stuftclmshll
stuftclmshll Page Icon Posted 2005-03-09 1:42 PM
#
It's me again, I got registered but, the login shoots an error. Oh well, I m online, finally!
It was a DOH! kina' thing. I had forgotten to go the control panel and check DCHP at the network icon.
I'm posting this reply from my Mobilepro 780, WOOPIE!!!
Now to get my ftp server to let me in.

The wifi is an Ambicon WL1100C compact flash card.

Top of the page
John
John Page Icon Posted 2005-06-17 1:49 PM
#
Hi I just read your message and bought a Ambicom wifi card for my NEC mobilepro 780. Can you help me figure out the settings say to get connected at one of those places that offer free wifi?
thanks in advance.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-17 3:25 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

at free hotspots NO settings are needed, don't change any default setting (i.e. blank IP/DNS/ssid set to ANY/no WEP/etc...)
so just walk up to one and try it =)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8