x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

A Very Shiny New Smartbook G138

douglasamcintosh Page Icon Posted 2006-12-14 6:29 PM
#
Avatar image of douglasamcintosh
Factorite (Junior)

Having read the review I decided to take the plunge and get one. After heroic customs dodging escapades from C:Amie I just recently got it.

I've got quite a few things working. With the dll's most of the hpc2000 apps seem to work.

My current favourite is Vade Mecum, a plucker viewer for ppc. The main problem is when I open up the settings the window does not appear.

I managed to get minimo working with a bunch of dummy dlls. A bit slow, but for my money far better than pocket ie.

Biblereader seems to work with a little help.

Here are the other things I have working;
come back 64 : works well but window is too small
ce/gg: also works but is windowed.
acrobat 2: thanks cmonex
ezbackup
magnetice: the only interactive fiction interpreter i can get running.
mobipocket
nfcanvas and nfpencil: with hpc2000 dlls
q3u, spectrum emulator, tcpmp, total commander, xpdf and ftxbrowser.

I was hoping for more luck getting ppc apps to work. A fair number tell me they are not valid windows ce apps (level9, darcnes, infones) and seem to fail with high number cellcore function calls.

Whats newer apps have other people had working ? Is there a best set of dummy dlls to use ? I'm particularly interested in emulators for old consoles and computers. And all interactive fiction interpreters (glulxe, infocom, level9 etc)

anyone had any joy ?

Anyway just wanted to share my glee at a shiny new toy

Douglas
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-14 7:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey

the ones that say not "valid ce app", do they want 1171, 1172 or 1172 function calls from coredll?

if you did mean to say cellcore, then just put the 7.0 kbyte cellcore in there - if that doesn't help, can you let me know about the exact function numbers?

sadly there is no best set of dll's, sometimes the 16.5k aygshell or 22k one is better than the built in one, then you need to hexedit the apps to call aygshelp or similar.

i don't use too many ppc apps, but all of them worked on the smartbook, netfront, adobe, destinator, opera see opera thread! it's insanely fast.
 Top of the page
douglasamcintosh Page Icon Posted 2006-12-15 2:14 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

yes, sorry coredll. And those are the type of function number.

Also winwatch does not seem to be helping with the plucker viewer.

Douglas
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-15 10:52 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow that'll be very easy to fix then. you can either use another coredll (541696 bytes is my favourite), or if you don't want to waste ram with it, a relatively simple hexedit will take care of it. which would you prefer?

winwatch: did you press Win+X and/or Win+F while winwatch was running in the systray?
 Top of the page
douglasamcintosh Page Icon Posted 2006-12-15 12:21 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Win plus x showed me a new window, which was sadly empty of any useful text but it is a start.

Will try other dll files
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-12-16 3:32 AM
#
H/PC Elder

douglasamcintosh - 2006-12-14 3:29 PM
I'm particularly interested in emulators for old consoles and computers.

I still love this old thread of mine.
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=887
 Top of the page
douglasamcintosh Page Icon Posted 2006-12-22 2:28 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Well after all this time I have just figured out how to use Executability Check. I never realised how to actually rewrite the lib name. I think I thought the program did it itself automagically.

This means most of my interactive fiction interpreters seem to run. I can play Glulxe games on the move ! Using the 4.2 coredll.

Will try more apps.

Why do I need to use the 4.2 dll from cmonex when I am already using a 4.2 system ?

Thanks for all your help cmonex. Any joy with the Plucker viewer settings window ?

Douglas
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 12