x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Welcome back, Clio!

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-12-14 8:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

My MainStreet Clio C-1050 has been sitting dormant for several months because I was tired of dealing with the several malfunctioning keys on the left-hand side of the keyboard and, not able to figure out how to remove the keyboard to examine it, I decided to shop for a parts C-1050 and do some swapping.

So I've been looking for a deal on eBay for a parts Clio, and after several months I finally snagged one for $15 from a seller who is selling truckloads of them in unknown condition. They even said in the listing of the one I got that it seems to have a video issue - something about diagonal lines on the screen. No problem. The display on my original Clio works fine, so I figured if the problem is inside the display, I could just swap the display half with my original Clio.

I just got the $15 Clio today, and when I connected it to AC power, I got the shock of my life: it works fully! No "diagonal lines" that I can see. And all the keys work fine. I was finally able to unlock the 90-degree and 270-degree display rotation settings that are normally inaccessible:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1911&start=1&highlight=Clio+screen+rotation&highlightmode=1

This is now officially the best deal I ever got on an H/PC. I can't wait to start getting Pocket PC apps working on it . . . .
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-14 9:25 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow.... clio 1050 for 15$... lets get a few more from seller!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-12-14 9:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, I got lucky. The bidding has varied greatly on several of their Clios. Here's the one I got, so you can see who the seller is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300056199017&rd=1&rd=1
 Top of the page
ClioNewbie
ClioNewbie Page Icon Posted 2006-12-14 11:33 PM
#
I just bought a Clio C-1050 from ebay as well. I did not get the deal you got but it works well.

How are you going to get PPC programs to work on your Clio?
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-12-14 11:43 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Congratulations, CEGeek. And in case anything happens, you have another unit with spare parts. That was a good deal, at $15.

Can you hack PPC programs on HPC Pro 2.11? If you can, let me know how. I just received my Fujitsu Pencentra today and it has HPC Pro 2.11.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-12-15 2:06 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Geez, quiche, where've you been? I've been getting Pocket PC apps working in H/PC Pro MIPS for months (in my NEC 800), thanx to a lot of help from cmonex:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=4994&start=106&posts=119

If you need help with the steps involved, post there and I'll explain how I did it.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-12-15 2:08 AM
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-12-15 6:52 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Thanks, CEGeek. I've got a ton of exams and papers to grade, then I fly to Florida to be with my parents for the holidays. It may be weeks before I get to the new PenCentra.
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-12-18 9:31 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

CEGeek, you should do a thread on your Clio with snapshots. I'd love to learn more about this device.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 28