x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Text Maker and MP 900C

rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2006-12-16 10:02 AM
#
I have found serious problems to use TM on my MP 900 upgraded to ce.net.

When I type with more speed the words are not written correctly.

Any hints?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-12-16 11:58 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you are referring to the Beta, please understand that it is beta (test) software and you need to file it as a bug report.
If you are using TM2002, please ensure that it is the latest build or try the beta.
 Top of the page
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2006-12-16 12:26 PM
#
C:Amie - 2006-12-16 11:58 AM

If you are referring to the Beta, please understand that it is beta (test) software and you need to file it as a bug report.
If you are using TM2002, please ensure that it is the latest build or try the beta.

The problem is the same with TM2002 and with the new beta. I wil report the thing to Softmaker.

The real question is that only MP 900 create this issue. I do not have the same problem on S3, NB Pro and even with J728.

So it is interesting for me to know if other MP 900C user on this forum has had the same question.
 Top of the page
H2OGuru Page Icon Posted 2006-12-16 12:37 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hey--had the same problem. Go to Softmaker forum and you'll see a thread on this (slow keyboard response or something like that). Post there so they know it is a problem (like the rest of have done). They are trying to fix it, I think.

Now--after that-I did that, I fiddled around with some things that seemed to minimize the problem. First--maximize the amount of RAM you have. I generally leave only about 2MB max with everything else installed either on internal disk or CF card.

Then I went to control panel and under keyboard settings, I experimented with the repeat delay and the repeat rate and it seemed to minimize the problem (though at times it seems to resurface).

But I agree--it is a real problem with TM and MP900C (never saw it before I uped my 900 to a 900C). Don't see it on my MP 790 either.

The good thing about posting the problem on Softmaker site is that I do feel like they are responsive to issues and try to fix them.

Hope this helps.

H2OGuru
 Top of the page
H2OGuru Page Icon Posted 2006-12-16 2:35 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

With respect to my previous post. I should have said that I leave only 2MB max in storage and put the rest into RAM.

Hope that clarifies.

HG
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-16 5:04 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes this is a common well known problem with 900's. with tm2002 too and with the new beta.. tried this in the beta to see if it has been fixed or not.. not yet, sad.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9