x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

nPop file save error, help please!

jzurd0 Page Icon Posted 2006-12-18 8:25 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,i get this error using nPop, no matter what version,exiting the app i get "save file error , continue?",i canĀ“t save any setting.
I use windows ce 2.0.
I tried putting the exe in many locations (cf,windir...) but nothing..
Anyone can help?

Thanks!
 Top of the page
Sch01ar Page Icon Posted 2006-12-18 9:29 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

What HPC are you using? There is a version for CE2.0 on the Original Npop site - mips an sh3 versions. I have Npop in a dir on cf just called "NPOP". When you run the exe it should create all the mailboxes, etc

Please check you have the right version, and then list exactly what happens.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2006-12-18 2:10 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

There's also a CE2.0 version on the "nPOPuk" site,
www.npopsupport.org.uk

For some reason, the nakka version got stuck at 1.0.6, but the uk site has 1.0.9 for this platform.

Are you downloading messages? I know that the CE versions sometimes have issues when they run out of memory (esp on Jornadas, because the memory is partitioned between run memory and storage memory). Try just running the executable, don't put in any settings, and exit. That way, the files will be as small as possible. Or create the files manually (0 bytes) and make sure they are writable:
nPOP.ini
MailBox0.dat
SendBox.dat
SaveBox.dat

(Do you have an existing nPOP.ini? Maybe check that for a bad setting for DataFileDir=)
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2007-02-27 1:13 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Info that got lost in the great HPCFactor crash: nPOP for WinCE2.0 has a hard-coded data directory "My Documents" -- but this directory did not exist on jzurd0's machine.

nPOPuk 2.04 changed the CE2.0 version to be consistent with the other platforms; data files are stored with the .exe (unless you set a different dir in the .ini).
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 11