x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

nav-cam 2007 question

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next »
freemag
freemag Page Icon Posted 2007-05-09 7:52 PM
#
Hi I had the same problem.
In the change preferences / show gps status set the GPS to othe NEMA and speed to 9600 baud.
then choose the "serial cable on sp2" option.

This worked for me.
 Top of the page
fightclub Page Icon Posted 2007-05-10 10:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

i have a evesham 7700 coming in the mail... and i want to get tomtom running on it... is the captain's tomtom version the most recent?... is it really just as easy as copying it onto an sd card? does someone have step my step instructions on how to do this? also, where can i get usa maps? thanks
 Top of the page
mnatl Page Icon Posted 2007-05-10 10:49 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

what's up fight,
we are trying the same thing........... another guy from woot's forums has blog'd his install

http://www.oostdyk.com/randy/blog/

It's pretty good but missing the exact tomtom install steps, and I'm still not sure how to put or install maps from captain's version. I did find maps , email me @ mjospam@gmail.com if you need me to send you the link.

Top of the page
marked001 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-12 8:25 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

winker - 2007-05-01 7:03 PM

Thanks for link, it almost worked out of the box, only needing the navigation.cfg to be copied from the original software over the top of your version.

This then gave me an sd card that could be put into an unmodified aytobe unit, and run Tomtom.

I am still going to play abit, wanting ttn 6.0x to run the same (requires registry entry), and perhaps an app that sets the system time based on the gps signal.

Thanks again.

winker, any chance you can provide this navigation.cfg file for me? I dont have the mental capacity to edit the registry on my unit and access it I'd appreciate it! thanks.
 Top of the page
marked001 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-12 9:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

whoops...i was thinking you had the 7700... sorry about that. i'm going to try to throw captin's stuff on an sd card (cant find my reader).... where do the maps go though? I'm in the US... so i'm not sure that captin's setup is us compatible?
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2007-05-13 5:22 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi all,

My setup is a NAV-CAM 2007 (bought from the US) and it runs a version of TomTom 6 that was installed onto a pocket PC first then copied onto a SD card and runs fully from the SD card, later versions of TomTom 6 have been changed so need other files.

My version runs all maps I've tried, UK, Europe and USA (I've tried several regional US maps and also the full North American one).

Not sure which versions of the UK maps are currently available, mine are

ID=United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland.pna
build=1199
id=54333

and these also work,

ID=GB_plus_major_roads_of_WE.pna
build=1046
id=38915

and also,

ID=North_America.pna
build=1293
id=65058

and also

ID=Western_Europe.pna
build=1219
id=56972

and finally

ID=Cen_Eur_plus_major_roads_of_WE.pna
build=1212
id=56390

All maps are just put into their own folders on the SD card for example my UK maps are in a folder "United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland" on the root of the sd card, TomTom finds the maps automatically.

Edited by Captin 2007-05-13 5:23 AM
 Top of the page
marked001 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-13 6:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

captin...i tried installing your folder directly onto my navcam 7700... tomtom pops up when i hit the navigator icon....but i get a message 'failed to start' :-/
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2007-05-14 12:32 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

The TomTom I have works on the Nav-Cam 2007 which has a Samsung 400mhz prosessor and a serf III gps, the Nav-Cam 7700 has the Centrality Atlas II 300MHz and a Centrality GPS Receiver. I dont know if the differences will stop the program running. But not having a 7700 I cant find out. The Nav-Cam 2007 runs Win CE .Net 4.2 core so if the Nav-Cam 7700 runs on the same then programs should work on both Nav-Cams.

Make sure than the 7700 has the same folder structure as the 2007, which is /mobilenavigator/mobilenavigator.exe on the root of the SD card.

Try soft or hard resetting. My Tom Tom works even after a hard reset.

Edited by Captin 2007-05-14 12:34 PM
 Top of the page
marked001 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-14 1:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

ok.... found a 1gb microSD i had kicking around and threw it in the adapter and works great from teh sd card...was hoping to install it directly to the internal memory.. but this is great. thanks so much.
 Top of the page
GPSPunk Page Icon Posted 2007-05-16 7:41 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok, here we go...

This forum is pretty mixed up with different devices, which have different hardware and don't function the same I'm specifically working with the recently wooted Nav-Cam 7700 and attempting the TomTom 6 install.
Razz

Just from diggin around on google, etc, I got the Nav-Cam 7700 to boot to a Windows desktop...easy enough.
Razz

I HID THE TASK BAR, AND I'M GLAD! For those who hid their taskbars, and can't get them back...here's how I do it. I use a store bought stylus (about $2.99). I slide to the taskbar area, and when I hit the edge, I kind of roll the point of the stylus to get a bit closer, the taskbar appears, works every time. Wink

Good, past that. I also installed TomTom 6 and the USA maps, no big deal there either....It opens, it runs, etc. Wink

Here's the trouble: configuring the GPS Device. TT6 offers a COM2 setup and a COM5 setup, for standard NMEA devices anyway, which the Nav-Cam 7700 uses...but still, at any baud rate, it doesn't show up. No GPS Device! it says is a subtle and unfriendly little text. Sad

So, I use the GPS Viewer 3 v1.2P that comes with and low and behold, the GPS is working....a bit strange. So, I'm going through the tabs, and one tab is labelled "COM7", this lists all the data coming in, etc, log types and so forth. I think this may be part of the problem? Maybe?

I see that some people say they "Select COM2" when they do this, I don't understand that part.

I see the NMEA device, click the "Select" button.
I see the slider bar for BAUD rate, slide it to 9600, click the "Done" button - it's the only button.
The next screen shows:

blah...blah...COM 2....
NMEA device on USP4 Atlas...something or other
blah...blah...COM 5
(nothing)

What's to select? Tapping COM2 doesn't select anything...

Anyone to this point yet? Any ideas? Help a brother out here....

Thanks...
 Top of the page
marked001 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-16 4:59 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

setting to 9600...and then selecting COM2 works for me :-/
 Top of the page
GPSPunk Page Icon Posted 2007-05-17 9:44 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

How right you are. I was looking at the screen, couldn't understand what you meant by "selecting com2" Then it hit me, click on where it says "COM 2" right above the descriptions of the GPS unit.

Roger that...it's all good now. Good that I know that, because my system doesn't always remember the GPS device settings. There should be some kind of config file that we can alter to store that COM 2 setting. When I first boot up and then start TTN 6, I go right to "Change Preferences", "GPS Device", "Select" - bacause itr remembers NMEA, "Done" - because it remebers 9600, then just click "COM 2" and it recognizes the device and works normally from there.

Anyone else notice that when you exit TTN 6 and go back to the desktop, load TTN 6 again, by the next time you exit you get an application error? I'll get the exact message here in a little bit and post the screen shot.

Thanks all!

Top of the page
brayden16
brayden16 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-21 10:55 PM
#
Hi all I have read all the post regarding the install of th tt6 witch I have done. I am still trying to figure out were the map go. I have the north american maps and put them in the sdmmc but it still wont find maps what file extention are they to be mine are rar files
 Top of the page
brayden16
brayden16 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-22 12:26 AM
#
ok I need some help loading the tt6maps I cannot find the regedit.exe to down load on my sdmmc to change the my documents folder to sdmmc were my maps are any help would be greatly apprecated tt6 looks in the my doc to load maps but there is not enough room to put them there so i put them in my sdmmc but tomtom is still looking in the my doc folder so I need to put regedit in the sdmmc card and run it from that location to change the value of my doc to sdmmc. but I cannot find the link that use to be here to get the regedit download
thanks
 Top of the page
PJShifi
PJShifi Page Icon Posted 2007-05-25 12:49 PM
#
Hi, I'm in the process of buying a secondhand Nav-Cam 2007 device. The original owner siad he had tried to update the original software and somehow screwed it up. He told me that he doesn't have the original software and the device no longer works in Navigation mode. does anyone have the original files that I can restore the device with? or I have been reading the postings about running tom-tom, can I go directly to tom-tom without restoring the original nav on the device...

Please advice, Thanks!

Paul
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 13