x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

nav-cam 2007 question

« Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... Next »
tamc Page Icon Posted 2008-09-05 7:38 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks captin. You truly are the captin!
 Top of the page
Sinpick Page Icon Posted 2008-09-05 9:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I manage to copy the tomtom file you provided. Thank you for that. I intalled it in the Nav-cam. I did a soft and them a hard reset and nothing. When I click on the Navigator button I get the message to insert and SD Card /MMC card with the preinstalled data. I checked the original SD card and it has the mobilenavigator file therefore I believed I did this right. I have some tomtom maps on the sd card.

There is one thing thats off. When I downloaded your file it showed up as a Pdf file. I think this happened because the last time I was trying to figure this out I was looking at a file that the computer did not recognize and I accidently pressed the acrobat icon to open the item with. Could this be why my Nav-cam does not activate the tomtom file? If it is how do I correct this? I tried changing it back but I can't figure it out?
If thats not the problem what can I do?

Thanks to all whom have helped and all who will.
 Top of the page
Sinpick Page Icon Posted 2008-09-06 4:49 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ignore my last comment. Sorry. I forgot to extract the files.
I extracted the files and placed them in the SD card. I did the soft and then a hard reset however the TomTom software does not start. When I press the navigation button it does nothing. Does anyone know whats wrong or how to fix it?
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2008-09-06 6:08 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

The tom tom 6 I provide is configured for the nav-Cam 2007 (US Version). Prople have got it going on other Nav-Cam models, as well as lots of other makes of sat-nav systems.

On the Nav-Cam 2007 you need to put the extracted folder "mobilenavigator" on the root of the SD card, so when you look at the card there will be a folder called "mobilenavigator" and in that there will be several other folders and files.

You also need to place the map folder of choice on the root of the SD card. Both program and UK maps will fit on a 1gb SD but the US maps and program need a 2GB card.

I cant tell you how to get this working on other Nav-Cam models, like the 7700, but I know other peeps on here have posted instructions.
 Top of the page
Sinpick Page Icon Posted 2008-09-06 3:49 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have the Nav-cam 7000, is that not the 2007 version? I was assuming it was since I had only heard of the 7000 and the 7700 version.
 Top of the page
Rick Soto
Rick Soto Page Icon Posted 2008-09-12 5:13 PM
#
could I have the pm for the tom tom 6 file I have a nav cam 2007 and after reading the post I found out that I can install the Tom tom software and it should work right? My email is soto001@sbcglobal.net
 Top of the page
Hawkslayer Page Icon Posted 2008-09-18 8:18 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Anyone know of a modification that allows us to have text to speech on the Nav-cam with Tomtom Navigator 6 installed? Having street names announced would be very useful if someone could come up with it.

You got any ideas on this one Captin?

Hawkslayer
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2008-09-18 1:48 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Sinpick - 2008-09-05 8:49 PM

I have the Nav-cam 7000, is that not the 2007 version? I was assuming it was since I had only heard of the 7000 and the 7700 version.

The Nav-Cam 2007 is a US only model, but it can be made to work with the TomTom which means you can use any of the TomTom country maps.
it's not like the 7000 or 7700.
 Top of the page
soto001 Page Icon Posted 2008-09-25 5:34 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I downloaded the tom tom 6 onto my gps I have the nav-cam 2007 I downloaded it form a ahred file is there any way mr. Captin can help me out and send me the files I need to install to my sd card thank you kindly
 Top of the page
jason12 Page Icon Posted 2008-10-02 7:23 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, Captin,

Can you update the link, please? It does not seem to work anymore.

Thanks

Captin - 2008-09-05 12:41 PM

Here is the TomTom 6 for the Nav-Cam 2007.

http://www.chepovski.co.uk/mobilenavigator.rar
 Top of the page
jason12
jason12 Page Icon Posted 2008-10-02 10:42 PM
#
Could someone post a link to the original MobileNavigator.exe file, please?

Thanks
 Top of the page
Tyrone
Tyrone Page Icon Posted 2008-10-04 12:58 PM
#
I have a gps the sd card is bad , tell me how get download on my gps. thank you you can email me tyrone@earth-comm.com
 Top of the page
Shawn
Shawn Page Icon Posted 2008-10-06 9:17 PM
#
Well, after reading for days and everyone saying you cant put tomtom 6 on a navcam 7000. I have triumphed. Here is what you need to do. D/L mobile registry editor and install. Start registry editor and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / init and change launch80 to explorer.exe. Now press reset button, its next to the slide switch. Now you are in to the CE desk top. Now you have to manualy turn on the GPS antenna. Click start / run / browse / windows / GPS_ON_OFF.EXE and ok. Now your blue light should be blinking. Now go to page 1 of this thread and you will find a post from captin (Thanks for the software captin) D/L his software and copy it to your sd card. I recommend a 2 gig card. Now click start / run / browse to sd card for navigator. You will have to d/l maps. Just remember you have to manualy turn on the antenna. Also go to start / settings / taskbar unchecked always on top and check auto hide
 Top of the page
Creep86
Creep86 Page Icon Posted 2008-10-13 1:57 AM
#
Hey,

Im new to all this so i will start from the beggining, im really thanked about this post it really helps to clarify some of my questions, but I dont even know how to get this device to start on windows ce instead of the normal boot can somebody tell me how to? so i can then proceed and install the tt6. i have a navcam 7000 and im very surprised about all the time dedicated to this post, and im very sorry if i bother you with my questions, but im all new to this kind of devices.

Thanks in advance
 Top of the page
Boriyaguez
Boriyaguez Page Icon Posted 2008-10-22 11:50 AM
#
Hi Captin:
I am interested on the Nav cam file. How can I get it from you, if possible?

Thanks in advance

Boriyaguez@gmail.com
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.280 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 14