x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

nav-cam 2007 question

« Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... Next »
LaFave
LaFave Page Icon Posted 2008-11-16 7:51 PM
#
Thanks Captin!!!

Firecracker, any luck in finding a site to put he 2007 software?
 Top of the page
firecracker Page Icon Posted 2008-11-16 8:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Captin - 2008-11-16 3:14 PM

Here is TomTom 6 program (no maps).

Unpack the file onto the root of the SD card. You should have a folder called "Mobilenavigator".

Put the maps onto the root of the card. You will have to find your own maps.

http://www.inkydabs.com/tomtom6.zip

Thank you so much as well, solved so many issues.
 Top of the page
firecracker Page Icon Posted 2008-11-16 8:21 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

LaFave - 2008-11-16 7:51 PM

Thanks Captin!!!

Firecracker, any luck in finding a site to put he 2007 software?

nope, for obvious reasons i do not want to officially host from my site.
 Top of the page
jerryvaughn
jerryvaughn Page Icon Posted 2008-11-21 6:32 PM
#
Celtic2008...I have been trying to upload the software on a download site for a couple of weeks now. It seems to complete and then comes up with an error. I might be able to send an e-mail to you with the files attached. I'm not sure how large an attachment you can send, but I'll try if you want. I seperated the software into 2 files, one is all the maps, the other is everything else. The new version software is MUCH better then the original. Let me know.
 Top of the page
muckley Page Icon Posted 2008-11-22 11:56 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

if the email option works, would you mind dong the same with me?

thanks
 Top of the page
jerryvaughn
jerryvaughn Page Icon Posted 2008-11-23 12:04 AM
#
Muckley...No problem...Let me know your e-mail and I'll try to e-mail you the files. Joe
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2008-11-23 6:33 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Most email servers don't allow emails bigger than about 10megs. Seeing as the software should be around 800-900 megs I dont think email will be the answer.

Rapidshare would be a better choice, or some other similar site. They all have free uploading. Alternatively if you have access you could upload to the newsgroups (there is tons of TomTom 6/7/8 stuff on the newsgroups) or torrents.

I have, for example, downloaded TomTom 7 with maps for every country they do maps for. Also updated maps for my Medion GPS that I got to replace the Nav-Cam 2007.

In the past (if you look back at previous posts) I have TomTom 6 and a couple of dozen maps. All downloaded in minutes from the newsgroups.

I did try and get later version of TomTom to work with the Nav-Cam but they all needed a better version of windows.

Edited by Captin 2008-11-23 6:37 AM
 Top of the page
jerryvaughn
jerryvaughn Page Icon Posted 2008-11-23 9:11 PM
#
Captin...Have you ever used N30 software for the Nav-Cam 2007? It is a VAST improvement over the "Original" software. I have both versions available, but now ONLY use N30 version. I'll keep trying to upload the software to a file sharing site. Joe
 Top of the page
jerryvaughn
jerryvaughn Page Icon Posted 2008-11-24 9:34 AM
#
I am in the process of uploading the new N30 files to www.driveway.com. As soon as the process completes, I'll post links to the files! They will be 3 files, 1 file that contains ALL the program information, the other 2 files are the maps. All you will have to do is unzip the Navigator file first, save it on your sd card, then unzip the 2 map files and save them into the maps directory. Once you complete this, just plug the sd card into the Nav-Cam 2007 unit and your done! I'll post soon. Good Luck! jOE
 Top of the page
jerryvaughn
jerryvaughn Page Icon Posted 2008-11-24 5:57 PM
#
OK guys...Here's the NEW N30 files you've been looking for! First directions...make a new folder on your computer...Just click on the links below...download all 3 files to the new folder on your computer...unzip them...copy the 2 largest files into the maps folder inside the now downloaded and unziped Navigator folder...once you have done this, then copy the MobileNavigator and Navigator folders to your SD card. Place the SD card into your Nav-Cam 2007 GPS and your ready to go! Enjoy, I am very impressed with the N30 software. It is a VERY nice improvement to the "original" software! Joe

Driveway.comDriveway.comDriveway.com
 Top of the page
jerryvaughn
jerryvaughn Page Icon Posted 2008-11-24 6:00 PM
#
Followup...All 3 files are listed in the previous posting...they are side by side...just click on EACH driveway.com. Joe
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2008-11-28 8:35 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

jerryvaughn - 2008-11-23 2:11 AM

Captin...Have you ever used N30 software for the Nav-Cam 2007? It is a VAST improvement over the "Original" software. I have both versions available, but now ONLY use N30 version. I'll keep trying to upload the software to a file sharing site. Joe

I've only used TomTom on the Nav-Cam 2007 as I bought the unit whilst visiting America, but back home I needed the UK maps.

I havent got the Nav-Cam now. It was a bit old, it didnt have all the options I wanted to use, like the traffic unit.

I have the Medion 2969 now, the screen is much bigger, it has a higher graphics resolution, had a built-in radio tuner to connect to the traffic broadcasts, it automatically re-routes you around traffic jams. It has proper speech anouncements for the street names and speed cams. It has lane assist too.

Top of the page
Timberwolf
Timberwolf Page Icon Posted 2008-12-02 7:43 PM
#
The middle link doesn't seem to work. The other two downloaded fine. The middle link always tell me I have exceeded my downloads for the day yet it allowed me to download the third link. Any idea what is wrong. Thanks.
 Top of the page
jerryvaughn
jerryvaughn Page Icon Posted 2008-12-03 8:06 AM
#
Timberwolf...Keep trying, I show no problems from the download site. There have been many downloads of all of these files so far and I don't show any problems. Plus let me know what you think of the N30 software. I think it works great! Joe
 Top of the page
Timberwolf
Timberwolf Page Icon Posted 2008-12-03 9:13 AM
#
Thanks Joe, It worked great today. I'll give N30 a try over the next two weeks and post back here. I am running tom tom Nav 6 on my Navcam 2007 now and it works fine. Hopefully this is even better. How current are the maps and will there be updates available here?
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.185 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 11