x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

nav-cam 2007 question

jlec Page Icon Posted 2008-12-05 11:13 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Enjoy, I am very impressed with the N30 software. It is a VERY nice improvement to the "original" software!

I am a long time follower on this post and have helped a few along the way. As time goes by and new roads develop, would you say the N30 is better then the TomTom software? How to the POI's compare? Any feedback is appreciated....
 Top of the page
gimbel Page Icon Posted 2008-12-14 9:09 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

The links aren't working for me today... Any chance of new links?
 Top of the page
DYNA-M0!!
DYNA-M0!! Page Icon Posted 2008-12-21 4:46 PM
#
Hi Guys,

This thread has been really useful for me, and I appreciate everyone who took the time to patiently explain how to do all of these things with the Nav-Cam.

I hope this isn't against the rules of the forum, but I have about 150 of these Nav-Cam 2007's. And if anyone wants one with a faster SD card with all the proper software installed for you, I'm selling them for $40 each.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Stephen
 Top of the page
lexubw
lexubw Page Icon Posted 2008-12-22 11:49 PM
#
Joe,
I, like others are having issues with downloading the three files. I thought by chance I could create an account and get to them via the links in my account but that was resulted in failure as well. Is there any other option to get to the files. I so see from the link that there has been 40+ downloads so far. Any help would be welcome as I have had this thing for some time and on the first real trip earlier this year it hung and that was all she wrote. I started downloading the TOMTOM app and the maps but was on the road and the download times exceed connection times. Now that I had time to get back to it Captain pulled the maps and I have not been able to locate them on the Internet.
Lex
 Top of the page
bernst01 Page Icon Posted 2008-12-23 4:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Anybody have any hardware troubleshooting skills with the NAVCAM 7000 ?

Can not get it powered on. Switching to HW reset gives me a white screen and red and blue lights.

It does charge the battery.
 Top of the page
DYNA-M0!!
DYNA-M0!! Page Icon Posted 2008-12-26 11:36 PM
#
Hey guys,
I have the software, and I'd be happy to get a torrent going if there are enough people to keep it alive. Let me know.
Also, I have never used newsgroups before, but that might be another option. Any ideas on where to start with those?
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2008-12-28 5:01 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Goto the giganews web site they have all the info about newsgroups and what you need, there are lots of free programs for using the newsgroups. Giganews has a 10gb or 14 day trial.

Tomtom 6 & 7 is available as well as all maps for all countries.

But you cannot just put TomTom on the Nav-Cam 2007 it has to be modified to work.
 Top of the page
lexubw
lexubw Page Icon Posted 2008-12-28 11:00 AM
#
Captin,
I thought I had seen in earlier postings of your where you had put TomTom6 on the 2007. The only reference to any modification was switching to a 2gb SD card from the 1gb that came with the device. Is there any other mods needed?

Lexubw
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2008-12-28 11:08 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

TomTom in it's native form is made to be installed onto a PDA using active sync. This is not possible with the Nav-Cam 2007 as it has no internal memory.

The tomTom I had was modified to work from the SD card by first installing it onto a PDA then changing a few bits around and putting it onto an SD card to put into the Nav-Cam 2007.
The TomTom program name and folder was also changed as the Nav-Cam cannot find it if it is left as tomtom installed.

A 2gb card is needed for the combined USA maps as they are 1.4gb. But TomTom also have seperate maps by state and these are more detailed but they take up around 3gb. The nav-cam cannot use SD cards bigger than 2gb.

Edited by Captin 2008-12-28 11:11 AM
 Top of the page
Andres
Andres Page Icon Posted 2008-12-28 6:07 PM
#
Captain,

Thanks for the link for Mobilenavigator. Do you have new place to get the US map. The old link is no longer working. Thanks...
 Top of the page
lexubw
lexubw Page Icon Posted 2008-12-28 11:56 PM
#
Captin,
Thanks, I may be mistaken here but I thought I got the TomTom on my NavCam directly into the SDMMC folder and up and running without the maps. I was on vacation and with the slow download speeds I was returning home before getting them all downloaded. Now that I had some time to work on this device the maps have been pulled. I snoozed so my lose.
Having purchased in the USA, the device I have does appear to have some internal memory, proven by the device booting up and allowing me to connect VIA USB and seeing all directories other then the SDMMC folder.
I did not think about using a PDA to do the downloads to the SD card, this is a great idea do to the battery life of the device when in doors with not alternate power supply.
I also recall something about the difference in files names and folders where the executable is to be located. Please advise if I am correct or incorrect. The application needs to be located under MobileNavigator folder with the name MobileNavigator.exe. Is this correct?

Thanks..
 Top of the page
plainbroke Page Icon Posted 2008-12-30 10:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Any one know where I can get a map of Kansas for the tom tom 6 software? would really like the usa but 70 bucks is outa my price range..
 Top of the page
calvarypilot Page Icon Posted 2008-12-31 4:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have the Nav Cam 2007 with the Tom Tom 6 conversion and I must say that it works Great, mostly thanks to the Captin. Now, I really don't want to mess up what I have but, I think I am lacking in POI's AND when the map needs re-newing...where do I go. I have read the posts presented here and I want to try things...but...I don't want to mess up what i have. I can't find the POI file on the Nav/Tom and I was wondering how I could improve it.

You guys have been great sharing as you have and I really appreciate it. Now if there is any further help...

Calvarypilot
 Top of the page
plainbroke Page Icon Posted 2008-12-31 8:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Captin
Not able to access your hxxp://www.captin.org.uk/mobilenavigator.rar even after replacing xx's with t's
Also not able to access the evesham website or nav-cam site. Anyone have direct links to the updates for nav-cams.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-01-01 9:31 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

plainbroke - 2008-12-31 3:26 AM

Any one know where I can get a map of Kansas for the tom tom 6 software? would really like the usa but 70 bucks is outa my price range..
I caution you and everyone else in this thread that we have zero tolerence for warezing on this site.

The fact that you don't have the cash doesn't mean it's OK to pirate it.

Please keep these discussions off of this site.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 14