x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

nav-cam 2007 question

Hate Stupid People
Hate Stupid People Page Icon Posted 2009-01-02 12:04 AM
#
Maybe he only wanted to BUY one state not all 50 since he had limited funds, brain dead people suck.
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2009-01-02 12:21 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi all,

Please note TomTom 6 was available as a free downloadable program from the HTC website, the maps were not.

My TomTom 6 is a modified version of this. and is still available at hxxp://www.inkydabs.co.uk/tomtom6.zip.

Also this version of TomTom is v6.00 and is now quite old, although it was new when this original thread started over 2 years back.
I believe it has been updated several times since.

Also note that this version of the program will only accepts the old v6 maps, not the versions you can now get downloaded from the net (dodgy or not) or the ones available from dodgy dealers on ebay.

Be warned, if you buy TomTom for the maps it will not work on the Nav-Cam 2007.

Edited by Captin 2009-01-02 12:31 AM
 Top of the page
michael
michael Page Icon Posted 2009-01-04 2:08 PM
#
I would like to update my sat nav 7000 and it is searching for signal but nothing is happening
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-01-04 2:40 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Hate Stupid People - 2009-01-01 9:04 PM

Maybe he only wanted to BUY one state not all 50 since he had limited funds, brain dead people suck.

If each state were available to BUY individually, wouldn't that be available at the same source as a package of all 50 (ie, the TomTom site)? Not using common sense sucks too.
 Top of the page
Hate Stupid People
Hate Stupid People Page Icon Posted 2009-01-05 2:12 PM
#
If I had common sense I would stay away from stupid people.

Captin your link does not work it reroutes to www.inkydabs.com/
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-01-05 2:16 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-01-05 2:29 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hate Stupid People - 2009-01-02 5:04 AM

Why plainbroke, how could you say such things about stupidity.
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2009-01-05 2:35 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Without being stupid and showing a bit of common sense try this then, but both links work for me.

hxxp://www.inkydabs.com/tomtom6.zip

Edited by Captin 2009-01-05 2:37 PM
 Top of the page
kleake
kleake Page Icon Posted 2009-01-19 10:41 AM
#
I am using tomtom6 on my navcam2007 with all US maps on a 1g card, and have been for quite some time. Do I understand that tomtom 7 is now available and will run on it, possibly upgrading to a 2g card?
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2009-01-19 12:52 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

TomTom has to be hacked to work on the Navcam 2007. TomTom 7 will not work.

I dont know what maps you are using but the proper TomTom 6 USA maps are 1.4g and thats without the TomTom 6 program, so you need a 2g card.
 Top of the page
tactcom35 Page Icon Posted 2009-01-26 10:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Anyone have updated links to us maps.got tomtom loaded and need maps.

Also is there a way to use this as a pocket pc? how can you bypass the nav screen and go to the desk top? this is a nav-cam 2007 also.

Thanks David
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2009-01-27 3:48 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

There are ways to stop the menu screen from coming up, the simplest way is to hold down 2 keys whilst press reset. For a more perminant way you need to change some files in the operating system, but all changes revert back to normal after a hard reset or if the battery runs down.

There is no perminant way to stop the menu from booting as the operating system, and all the files and startup instructions, are burned onto a chip, and after a hard reset or empty battery they are copied back into the main memory overwriting any changes.

Also dont expect too much as this is windows CE which is very limited when compared to windows mobile os. I think it would be better to get a pocket pc with a gps chip and put tomtom on that, it's far easier to get tomtom working on a pda than it is to get it working on the nav-cam.

As for maps they are available on the newsgroups a free trial at giganew is all you need to get several versions of maps for every country in the world.
 Top of the page
tactcom35 Page Icon Posted 2009-01-27 11:29 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

ok on the maps.Thanks alot for the desktop info.it work first time.now I can play around with this thing.Iam just wanting to learn more about it.so I know it will be limited.

thanks again for the help!!!!
 Top of the page
ford58 Page Icon Posted 2009-02-08 2:57 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have been looking for N30 software. for my nav-cam 2007. the installed software is corrupt , and installing any other software is more than i can handle. Can someone please post download link or tell me were i can get n30 software. Ray
 Top of the page
ford58 Page Icon Posted 2009-02-08 3:04 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have been looking for N30 software. for my nav-cam 2007. the installed software is corrupt , and installing any other software is more than i can handle. Can someone please post download link or tell me were i can get n30 software. Ray
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.230 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 11