x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

nav-cam 2007 question

« Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next »
Roger
Roger Page Icon Posted 2009-02-10 11:07 AM
#
Jerry,

I was just reading your post dated 11/24/2008 in which you offer three links to driveway.com to enable download of N30 software files. I'm no computer genius but I can't seem to make these links work. For each of the links all I get is a page that says "Exception Report" at the top of the page following by a lot of undecipherable (to me) gibberish about Apache and Java code. Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong and how to do it the right way?

BTW, you can e-mail me directly at nfo@insightbb.com. I'd love to update my Nav-Cam 2007 with the N30 stuff but my stupidity prevents me from getting the files.

Thanks, Roger
 Top of the page
Venom18
Venom18 Page Icon Posted 2009-02-10 11:24 AM
#
hi
ive jus bought a Nav-cam 7000 pre-owned, got it really cheap. Unfortunatley there was no SD card in the box and the Disc that holds the Navigation system is cracked in half =s
Does anyone have the software i need to install to my new SD card

thanx
 Top of the page
Roger
Roger Page Icon Posted 2009-02-10 1:07 PM
#
Captin,

I've looked through several news group postings and can't seem to find anything remotely related to TomTom 6 maps. I admit I'm new to using newsgroups. Any advice on what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Roger
 Top of the page
jocon40258
jocon40258 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-19 5:12 PM
#
Removed: Violation rule #10
 Top of the page
KFH-Leoyote52 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-20 3:23 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Captin, do you still have the file stated in your post and do you know if it will work on the NAV-CAM 7000.

don't know how to PM so here's my Email Leoyote52@netscape.net

you would really help me alot. Thank You very much James
 Top of the page
Bruce
Bruce Page Icon Posted 2009-03-31 9:37 AM
#
I have the information that resides on the 1GB SD card. It is about 640MB.
I had stupidly deleted my files and ended up buying a 1GB card from someone else for $20 with newer maps than I had. I got my Nav Cam 7000 working again.
I would need somewhere to upload the files for anyone who needs them.

Bottom line is it is a weak GPS. Our office bought a Garmin nuvi 650 a couple of years ago and that is what I have been using; even when I go on vacation.

Bruce
 Top of the page
angeleyes
angeleyes Page Icon Posted 2009-04-02 10:08 AM
#
where can i upgrade my map for nav cam 7000
 Top of the page
chrisy3
chrisy3 Page Icon Posted 2009-04-05 5:53 AM
#
Captin - 2009-01-27 3:48 AM

There are ways to stop the menu screen from coming up, the simplest way is to hold down 2 keys whilst press reset. For a more perminant way you need to change some files in the operating system, but all changes revert back to normal after a hard reset or if the battery runs down.

There is no perminant way to stop the menu from booting as the operating system, and all the files and startup instructions, are burned onto a chip, and after a hard reset or empty battery they are copied back into the main memory overwriting any changes.

Also dont expect too much as this is windows CE which is very limited when compared to windows mobile os. I think it would be better to get a pocket pc with a gps chip and put tomtom on that, it's far easier to get tomtom working on a pda than it is to get it working on the nav-cam.

As for maps they are available on the newsgroups a free trial at giganew is all you need to get several versions of maps for every country in the world.

Which two keys need holding down during reset to stop menu loading ? I tried all (i think) combinations but it does nothing.
 Top of the page
Sylvia Gomez
Sylvia Gomez Page Icon Posted 2009-04-16 5:23 PM
#
Where can I get the TOM TOM files to convert my NAV-CAM 7000?

Thanks,
 Top of the page
jj
jj Page Icon Posted 2009-04-28 9:22 AM
#
hey man would you mind sending that evesham nav cam 2007 (tomtom6) file thanks man
 Top of the page
ROGER
ROGER Page Icon Posted 2009-04-29 10:56 AM
#
Captin - 2007-04-29 4:17 AM

Hi Winker,

Dunno if the method I used to change the sat-nav program on the Navcam 2007 will work with any other unit. But you could try.

On the Nav-cam it uses a folder called "mobilenavigator" and runs a program called "mobilenavigator.exe" so all I did was installed Tomtom 6 onto my pocket pc PDA and then copied the Tomtom 6 folder from the PDA onto a SD card along with the Tomtom 6 maps renamed the Tomtom 6 program folder to what the Navcam was looking for when it loads. The maps are in the folder Tomtom made on the PDA.

Now when the Navcam boots it runs Tomtom 6 automatically, and this works after ether a soft or hard reset. I dont use any other functions like MP3 playback as I already have this in my car.

I have the folder on a web site you can download - hxxp://www.captin.org.uk/mobilenavigator.rar - if you unpack this and copy it to a spare SD card and name it to what your sat-nav unit is looking for, i would assume "mobilenavigation\navigation.exe" instead of the "mobilenavigator\mobilenavigator.exe" mine uses, it may work.

This version on Tomtom has all the files it needs to run without having any on the unit or in the windows folders.

This Tomtom works with the UK & Ireleand maps v 660 and european maps, also the maps for the USA.
 Top of the page
ROGER
ROGER Page Icon Posted 2009-04-29 11:10 AM
#
CAPTIAN THANKS FOR THE INFO. YOU MUST GET TIRED GIVING OUT THE SAME INFO. PEOPLE SHOULD JUST DO A LITTLE SEARCHING OTHER PAGES.
 Top of the page
ROGER
ROGER Page Icon Posted 2009-04-29 11:10 AM
#
CAPTIAN THANKS FOR THE INFO. YOU MUST GET TIRED GIVING OUT THE SAME INFO. PEOPLE SHOULD JUST DO A LITTLE SEARCHING OTHER PAGES.
 Top of the page
Paul Carter
Paul Carter Page Icon Posted 2009-05-02 2:12 PM
#
Hello Captain,

I managed to obtain a navcam 7700 and being a techy chap ended up browsing the internet for mods. I came across
your notes and began installing the menus etc and a version 5 of tomtom, i am having problems with crashes and gps signals. ie no divice discovered.Would it be possible to have links to your notes and the tomtom 6 version. Being a techy chap really wanting to see what i can do in this area. I appreciate any efforts on your behalf to help me in my predicument.

Regards,

Paul Carter
 Top of the page
rhenestofel Page Icon Posted 2009-05-13 2:44 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I am putting the address of the site in correctly but i can't seem to get that link to work. I keep being redirected to search engines or getting error 404 when i set browser to not search from address bar any help would be greatly appreciated. Or any information about where to get the "Nav-Cam TripMaster Backup CD"
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 10