x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

nav-cam 2007 question

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next »
Captin Page Icon Posted 2007-07-13 4:56 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I dont know what the CAB files are, I think they are for another version of tomtom, like TomTom go or TomTom one.

My version of TomTom 6 is the full pocket PC version, and needs the full PPC version of the maps.

This is the list of files that I use in the US.

cline.dat
cname.dat
cnode.dat
cphoneme.dat
faces.dat
mapinfo.dat
poi.dat
tmccodes.dat
traffic.dat
North_America-1c2af61c.mac
North_America.mid
North_America.mpr
North_America.pna

The version is -

ID=North_America.pna
build=1293
id=65058

These are in a folder called "North America".

You may be able to extract/install the maps from the cab files using TomTom Home.

Edited by Captin 2007-07-13 4:57 PM
 Top of the page
jlec Page Icon Posted 2007-07-13 10:05 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

waycar - 2007-07-12 11:22 PM

I have copied Captin's folder to my 4g SD card. I have copied 12 North_America Cab files and 1 North_America.jpg file to the SD root directory. From the Nav-Cam 2007 Main Menu I can hit Navigator ..and Bam the Tom Tom Start Screen. the agree to the legal stuff and OOPS... No Maps Found.

I then tried extracting the files from the Cab files. Now the resulting files are in the North_America folder in the SD root directory.....Same result.

I'm perplexed....what might I be doing wrong?

Thanks Anyone!

The newest 675 maps will not work, you need the 665.1293........cheers!!!

Edited by jlec 2007-07-13 10:06 PM
 Top of the page
waycar Page Icon Posted 2007-07-19 11:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I put all the files on a DVD ... wouldn't fit on a CD. Then installed Tom Tom Home to my PC. Using Tom Tom Home, I was able to install USA_and _Canada_Maps to the SD card.
Am Loving the more complete and improved software.

Thanks to all.

Now I'm trying to figure out additional voices.........Greed..........It NEVER ends.

Wayne
 Top of the page
jlec Page Icon Posted 2007-07-20 9:06 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

All you have to do is paste a Voices folder in the MobileNavigator folder...You can also add POI's by just putting them into the North_America folder or which ever map you are using.
 Top of the page
John
John Page Icon Posted 2007-08-04 9:44 AM
#
Captin,

I have the TomTom disc but it appears that the Ver. is 1.5 - I can't see anything that looks like "6" - maybe it's too new.

What's the address for the info you mentioned that can be copied to an SD for my Nav-Cam 770? I see references to it but don't know how to find it.

I'm not very sophisticated about these things, so thanks for any ideas!

john
 Top of the page
John
John Page Icon Posted 2007-08-04 9:46 AM
#
My Nav-Cam is 7700 of course (not "770"
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2007-08-04 11:46 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

If you read all the articles you would know to send me a PM to get the download link for TomTom 5.

Edited by Captin 2007-08-04 11:47 AM
 Top of the page
John
John Page Icon Posted 2007-08-04 6:44 PM
#
I don't think I had all of the threads although I have read what I have found.

We just have had a lovely visit from a nice man from Uruguay who has lived 7 years in the UK and came here to meet our daughter - they met on the internet. I had resevations about "internet romances" but he certainly is a nice fellow!

I'm not yet registered so I can't send a PM but my email is:
jfmoemd@insightbb.com

I just became aware of the possibility of using the TT software to improve some of the shortcomings of the Nav-Cam, and I tried a TT One which seemed to work fairly well.

I may wind up getting the kit for my Treo 650 but it will be fun to see if I can make the Nav-Cam better.

With kindest regards,

John (Oops, did I send this twice?)
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2007-08-05 3:27 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I meant TomTom 6 in my last post.

Please register, it doesnt hurt, honest.

The version of TomTom I have works on the Nav-Cam 2007, but I believe some people have got it working on the Nav-Cam 7700 too, with little or no modification. It runs totally from the SD card, and needs nothing installing into the Nav-Cams registry or memory, which is why it will work even after a hard or soft reset.

I dont offer the maps for download as these are too big for my web space. They can be found in various places on the net.

I have listed in previous posts which version of the maps work with my TomTom 6.

My nav-Cam died a couple of months ago and Evesham said I had to send it back to their US office to have it fixed, but they would only ship it back to a US address, I live in the UK so it was a bit difficult to sort out. But it is done and I should get it back at the end of August when my mom-in-law returns to the UK.

I now use my Orange SPV-M700 for sat nav instead. It's a pocket PC phone with a GPS chip built in, and Runs tomTom 6 perfectly.
 Top of the page
Glock23 Page Icon Posted 2007-08-05 11:16 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I am now officially (and painlessly) registered as "Glock23"!

John
 Top of the page
ackerberg
ackerberg Page Icon Posted 2007-08-07 3:45 PM
#
I am registered also. Could you please send me the link to TomTom6?
Thanks.
ackerberg(at)att(dot)net
 Top of the page
iamjustme
iamjustme Page Icon Posted 2007-08-13 12:15 AM
#
Could you be more specific about the voices folder and where I may find additional voice options?
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2007-08-14 11:53 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

To add extra voices to tomtom just put the voice files in the "voices" folder and tomtom will find them.
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2007-08-18 12:42 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Some peeps are having a bit of difficulty getting my tom-tom to work.

The SD card needs to be 2gb and blank for the tom-tom 6 to work with the US maps.

If you are using the sd card that came with your nav-cam (if it's big enough) then you need to backup the original program first.

After unpacking my file you should have a folder called "mobilenavigator" and in it should be,

contacts (folder)
itn (folder)
logging (folder)
voices (folder)
ZIP (folder)(this is for the UK so you need to find US zip code files)

ttmobile.bif
navigator.cfg
data.chk
CurrentMap.dat
MobileNavigator.exe (this is the main program file that needs to be renamed for the nav-cam 7700)

My tomtom is setup for the nav-cam 2007, but there are quite a lot of people on the forum that have made it work on the nav-cam 7700.

Firstly it will not work with the original map files, you have to download the tom-tom us maps (or uk or whatever). These are 1.4gb which is why you need a 2gb sd card.
If you want to use the US regional maps these are over 2gb and I dont know if a 4gb card works in the nav-cams.

This bit is for the nav-cam 7700, the nav-cam 2007 uses the foldernames I have made.
You need to rename my mobilenavigator folder to the same as on the original sd card, and also rename the mobilenavigator.exe file to the same as the one in the original folder. This way the nav-cam 7700 will find the program.

Copy the new folder onto a blank sd card, and the tom-tom maps in a seperate folder. you should have 2 folders on the root of the new sd card, one for the program and files and one for the map.

reset the nav-cam and it should work.

There is no reson for my files not to work with your nav-cams, there are quite a few people who are using their nav-cams (both 2007 & 7700) with my tom-tom 6 both in the UK and US, but i also know it works with maps from other countries too.
 Top of the page
iamjustme Page Icon Posted 2007-08-21 6:49 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you Captin, everything works just fine, and if I can do it with my limited knowledge, then anyone should be able to get it working with your instructions.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.343 - Cached queries : 13 - Executed queries : 64