x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MP 900c display dims

heatsink Page Icon Posted 2006-12-22 3:11 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

newby here. My new (new to me, very used!) mp900c display dims automatically 30 seconds after last contact/use, and will not brighten back up to normal unless I turn it off/on again. How can I stop this auto dimming?
Thanks,
Tim
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-12-22 5:45 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Go to start/settings/control panel and then select the display icon, select the 3rd tab for backlight and uncheck the turn off backlight feature or adjust it to what you want.

Rich
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2006-12-22 3:55 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

either that or just press the brightness up button and it should go back

does for me at least
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-22 7:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

heatsink - 2006-12-22 9:11 AM

newby here. My new (new to me, very used!) mp900c display dims automatically 30 seconds after last contact/use, and will not brighten back up to normal unless I turn it off/on again. How can I stop this auto dimming?
Thanks,
Tim

it should go back to normal brightness if you touch the screen or press a key. doesn't that happen so?

disabling dimming is possible only in the registry, the control panel applet allows for only disabling the backlight turnoff. i can get you the registry entry.
 Top of the page
heatsink Page Icon Posted 2006-12-23 1:10 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I did what Rich said, but the dimming continues, so the problem lies elsewhere. It is not random, it occurs exactly 30 seconds after last contact, so it has to be a setting somewhere.

After dimming touching the screen does nothing but, as Guyturf suggested, the 'brightness up' button does brighten the screen again. No other buttons seem to help. This at least helps somewhat.

Your offer of the registry entry to disable dimming would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Tim
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-12-23 3:32 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Yep, once again I misread...dimming...yep, not blanking, mine does the same thing...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-12-23 3:50 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I think the registry entry is under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/CONTROLPANEL/BACKLIGHT and the variable you want to adjust is the BatteryDimTimeout and ACDimTimeout. Just enter a new number (higher) to make it last longer before it dims. For instance, entering a hex value of 708 will prevent dimming until an hour has passed. The value is in seconds.

Rich

Edited by Rich Hawley 2006-12-23 3:53 AM
 Top of the page
heatsink Page Icon Posted 2006-12-23 3:01 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Rich:
Thanks! Can you tell me how to get to the registry in CE?! I tried 'run regedit' without success and haven't found how yet. Like I said......Newbie!
Thanks!

Tim
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-23 5:42 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2006-12-23 9:50 AM

I think the registry entry is under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/CONTROLPANEL/BACKLIGHT and the variable you want to adjust is the BatteryDimTimeout and ACDimTimeout. Just enter a new number (higher) to make it last longer before it dims. For instance, entering a hex value of 708 will prevent dimming until an hour has passed. The value is in seconds.

Rich

yes iirc thats it. enter 0 and that will disable the dimming entirely.

http://phm.lu has a great registry editor!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-12-23 6:24 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I used Tascal Reg Edit to do mine....
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 13