x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

stftclmshell Page Icon Posted 2006-12-22 8:44 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I can't seem to get my modem to dial. It will dial the #70 to disable call waiting but, it never dials the isp number.

Help! TIA
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-12-22 4:53 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Not sure how others do it, but I like simplicity and a single window to put my numbers in. So here is what I do:

1. I go to the control panel and click on the dialing icon
2. Then in the local area code window I erase the number and do the same thing in the country/region code window.
3. I then click on the dialing patterns and enter the letter G in all 3 windows (local/long distance/international)

Now go to the network and dialup connections icon and click on it and subsequently "Make a new connection"

1. Name you new connection something that makes sense, like local dialup isp or something.... and thenclick next
2. Next window select internal modem and then click on the configure button and set the baud rate to 57K. Not sure this is necessary, but I do it anyway. Click ok and then click next
3. Next window...ignore country/region code window area code window.
4. Just enter any numbers you want in the phone number window, such as #70,16163456789

The comma will insert a small 3 second pause if your phone requires one. Otherwise leave it out.... This is also good for phones that require a special number to dial out as is often the case at work...like the number 9. To dial locally I would enter 9,123-4567.

Now that you have saved your connection, click on it and then click on the connect button and all should be well. If you are checking email on you ISPs site, you may want to enter your user name and password in windows when asked.

Rich

Edited by Rich Hawley 2006-12-22 4:55 PM
 Top of the page
stftclmshell Page Icon Posted 2006-12-22 7:35 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks Rich! It was the call waiting disable, its different from my work line.
Using dialup right now. No high speed at my Kentucky home, too rural.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.222 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 12