x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Need help in developing a simple application in winCE .NET 4.2 device

ohtrap Page Icon Posted 2006-12-23 5:22 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have a Invion GPS 4" screen GPS , it has winCE .NET 4.2 OS core , ARM920 processor , 64 MB RAm , but this device looses its registry setting everytime u power it off.
Now I have loaded tomtom 6.01 in a SD card and it works fine in it , but u have to use some utility ( registry change , screen rotate , gps initialisation etc ) everytime u power on the device.

So I want to write an application which I will execute everytime it power on which will do all the initializations .

If someone helps me giving what exactly I need to do

basically I need to do the following through

1. It will execute a program releaseGPS.exe which initialize the gps device
2. change some registry though some registry change program
3. execute a program called screenrotate.exe twice ( for 180 deg change)
4. hide the winCE taskbar ( optional)
5. start tomtom by executing tomtm.exe

Edited by ohtrap 2006-12-23 5:42 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-12-24 7:57 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you have access to the command shell, and have a registry editor that can accept imports from the command shell then you could batch script it, however the registry changes couldn't be made instant, you would need to soft reset it.

The other option is to use one of the programming languages available for your device and progrma it in. This way you will be able to load and unload explorer, or just force the registry setting into the system. How proficient are you are VB, C# or C++?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 12