x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Registry Cleaners

patlucas Page Icon Posted 2005-03-09 9:30 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello All

There are a lot of registry cleaners for Win32. Are there any that I can use of my J720?

Regards

Patrick

Edited by patlucas 2005-03-09 9:34 AM
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-10 9:02 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

It will be interesting to see what kind of replies we get, because I've been asking myself the same question for some time. Needless to say that one is badly needed for the PPC/HPC community. I quite often use a registry editor to tweak certain things and it's amazing to see how much "junk" Windows CE leaves behing following the removal of an application - many of the registry keys remain and clog the registry. Not sure what it does to the system performance-wise, but it sure is annoying. I'm sure it's not an easy thing to code, hence the reason why folks like Resco didn't include a "registry" clearner in the RFE applet.

Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-13 11:06 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

patlucas - 2005-03-09 9:30 AM

Hello All

There are a lot of registry cleaners for Win32. Are there any that I can use of my J720?

Regards

Patrick

Hey, Pat, there's a vote going on in the Developers Arena forum - I put in my vote for Misc. Unitilies - Registry Clearner .... Thought you'd want to join in!

Top of the page
HPCPRO
HPCPRO Page Icon Posted 2005-03-13 9:20 PM
#
You can use MemMAid, a PPC program but it works on HPC ARM as 720.
 Top of the page
HPCPRO
HPCPRO Page Icon Posted 2005-03-13 9:23 PM
#
You can use MemMAid, a PPC program but it works on HPC ARM as 720 using NYDITOT with 640x320 and Adjust to Screen configuration.

MemMaid clean the registry of your HPC and clean other temporal folders. Users with many software isntalled and unistalled can see the HPC works more faster.
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-13 10:43 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

HPCPRO - 2005-03-13 9:23 PM

You can use MemMAid, a PPC program but it works on HPC ARM as 720 using NYDITOT with 640x320 and Adjust to Screen configuration.

MemMaid clean the registry of your HPC and clean other temporal folders. Users with many software isntalled and unistalled can see the HPC works more faster.

Thanks, might take it for a spin. Thing I'm not too thrilled about is NYDITOT - have had any problems with this application? I remember trying it once when I had my HP720 and it crashed my system, or I think that's was the cause of it any way. Thanks for your help.
 Top of the page
Henri Page Icon Posted 2005-03-14 1:01 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,

Not really a registry cleaner, but this program allows to uninstall applications and related registry entries.

http://www.yetanotherhomepage.com/j7xx/software/util/deinstaller.html
 Top of the page
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2005-03-14 1:07 PM
#
a very good one is remover that is for PPC but works very well on HPC with aygshell.dll.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 11