x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows CE 3.0, Linksys wireless CF card, Internet Explorer

[Frozen]
Frozen
keestx
keestx Page Icon Posted 2005-03-09 4:19 PM
#
I have bougth a Linksys Wireless CF (WCF12-EU) card for my Siemens SX45 (proc. MIPS VR4122) running Windows CE 3.0.9348 (Build 9616) . Installation was straigth forward i have the card working according to installed Linksys Wireless CF Card monitor. Everything seems to function OK.

Problem however is how to configure Inter Explorer to use the wireless connection. No way to setup wireless card for connection in IE only dail-up modems will show up.

Is this configuration support anyhow?

Thanks in advance,
Kees
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-03-09 8:19 PM
#
H/PC Elder

If you have your wifi card setup and its talking to your router well, try doing a ping to your router. Then to any known sites that responds to a ping. www.hotmail.com will give you a timeout, so don't use that to test ping.

When its working, close IE if it was opened, and reopen it. It should just work. Only make sure it does not auto dial-up. Otherwise, it assumes a network stack is ready for use, and will try to use whichever is available.

let us know how it goes ya?
 Top of the page
keetx
keetx Page Icon Posted 2005-03-10 7:23 PM
#

Thanks for the tip. I have it working.

Thanks once mor efor the aquick response.
Kees
 Top of the page
wd8dky Page Icon Posted 2005-09-02 6:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Just curious: what drivers are you using with the WCF12 and the MIPS machine? I was under the impression that the WCF12 wouldn't work with my antique 6651, but perhaps I've been under the wrong impression!

Thanks,

Paul
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-02 6:28 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thread closed
Please don't dredge prehistoric threads
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum: