x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Web messenger Help!

Dave
Dave Page Icon Posted 2005-03-10 4:13 AM
#
i woz wonderin if any of u guys out there can help, we are at college and cannot use msn messenger, or e-messenger because the college has blocked the sites. does anyone know of any other good web based messenger programs? if yes please reply to this! thanks
 Top of the page
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-03-10 12:00 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

msn messenger has an online messenger (webmessenger) and as I remember, ICQ also has a online interface for messenger.

Those might work.
The only other way of getting it to work is by using something like VNC to connect to a computer (thats on) outside the school's network.

I used Terminal Server/Remote desktop in the past, and changed the port setting to port 23, (telnet port)
Most corporate networks do not have this port monitored or going through a proxy, since it's mainly used for accessing routers for the network.

By changing the remote desktop port of Windows XP or terminal server, do a search in the registry for 3389, and change it to a different port.
on the machine you use to connect, just connect using the computers internet IP and specify the portnumber behind it (1.1.1.1:21)
or if you are using an older Windows to connect, save the settings, open the saved file in notepad, and change the port number in there.

If the sites have been blocked, you could try going to them by IP adress as well, or connect by specifying an anonymous proxy server for the connection.

Edited by PocketDVD 2005-03-10 12:02 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 8