x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Linksys wireless and Jornda 690...FYI

Todd Page Icon Posted 2005-03-10 4:09 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

After a 45min "chat support" (text based chat with linksys techsupport) i have determined that the WCP11 doesnt work.

I have tried and tried, and the tech support guy was no help. After telling him i have tried every combination of wireless settings on 2 routers (different brands) i could not get an IP address. Linksys tech support told me regardless of my tests to go to a hotspot in town and try it thier, he was determined it would work. ..... what a waste of 45min.

my solution....

The Orinoco Classic Gold I read about on the HCL card works great with my Jornada 690

installed the app, pluged it in, and instantly connected.

it has a built in profile manager if you use more then one wireless connection (great for setting up different hotspots you visit) and a wireless monitor that lets you knwo what wireless connections are around.

connected to my dlink router at work in seconds, wep and no wep, as well as my linksys router at home.

Cost was $50~ (CAD)

well worth it.

thought i would share my findings.

Todd.
(posted in my thread as well, but i thought it would get more readers here)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-10 5:21 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Todd,

try the drivers outlined in this cesd:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0020.asp

Now you know why we don't recommend the linksys and havent added compaibility data for it to the hcl.
 Top of the page
Todd Page Icon Posted 2005-03-10 6:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

thnks for the tip, but i am tired of @#$ing with it. the orinoco works great so i am just going to leave sleeping dogs sleeping ..... or whatever. =)

maybe that will help someone else though.

Todd.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 52 - Executed queries : 17