x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Warning! 680s listed at half.ebay.com...

bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-03-11 10:19 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

The Jornadas listed as 680s at eBay owned half.ebay.com, which is a fixed price market, are not 680s but 680e. A few sellers post in "details" that they are selling a 680e, most do not.

The "stock" description lists the specs of the 680 and states that there is a stereo 1/8th inch jack. Unless someone here corrects me, there is no such thing as a factory model with a stereo phone jack. A few sellers run with this error by claiming MP3 playing for their 680e. The seller claims, like many claims on eBay, strain credibility by stating "like-new" "never used" or "used once."

We are supposed to believe that hundreds of people laid out over $700 for a 680, had no use for it but instead of returning it or selling it then, kept it until now? I wish I could buy a Buick LeSabre like that. "Paid $27,000 six years ago, drove it once... parked in my garage unused. Wish to sell-- $6,000 like new" But then... the "sale is final. no returns... sale is as is...works great!" would be a no brainer for me not to buy one.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-03-11 10:27 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I know what you mean!
Well ... there will always be the newbies to fill up the gaps ...

but once in awhile, you get a real deal where its as it is. And the item arrives really brand new!
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-03-12 12:38 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Check this out! One half.ebay.com seller of a 680 with stereo jacks responded to my post (I posted them all). He claims that the 680 he is selling does not have a phone jack but it does have two amazing stereo sound speakers!

Someone please correct me if this is possible. I sure never heard of a factory refurbished 680 with built in "incredible" stereo speakers
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-03-12 1:13 PM
#
H/PC Elder

well ... if anyone will believe that someone's wife (or mother or sister or whoever) freaked out after loosing 30lbs in 30 days, then you can believe that 680e has "incredible" speakers.

Then again, if he was refering to a one-tone beeper, anything is "incredible"

Edited by Snappy! 2005-03-12 1:16 PM
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-03-13 10:16 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

It is not a 680e...as in it can handle stereo sound. Just like the 720.
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-03-14 12:33 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

UPDATE ON FRAUD HALF.EBAY.HALF.COM J 680 listings

Here is a good one. Before eBay bought Half.com a few years ago, the original owners encouraged consumers to contact staff. When I tried to inform half.com staff that their stock J 680 specs were very inaccurate and that their 680 sellers were improperly claiming that their 680/680e had stereo speakers and stereo head phone jacks (the Half.com stock specs sheet says 680s have stereo headphone jacks)., I discovered that there is no way to communicate with half.com. I looked all over the site, beginning with my account.

I then went to eBay, thinking I could get the job done through eBay. eBay has closely linked both sites. They share a password and account link & many searches refer buyers to the other site. To my surprise, I cannot find a way for consumers to contact eBay staff! How can half.com and eBay protect buyers and provide the intervention they claim they provide, when consumers have no way to communicate with half.com or eBay??

I am sure the frauds I warned were being dishonest with buyers and I would turn them in should they refuse to correct their product claims are laughing away!
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-03-14 12:39 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-03-13 10:16 PM

It is not a 680e...as in it can handle stereo sound. Just like the 720.

?? Are you saying the stock factory Jornada 680 has stereo sound?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.144 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10