x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Mobile Pro 780 cannot run Terminal Services

Ominous345
Ominous345 Page Icon Posted 2005-03-11 10:36 PM
#
I am running an NEC Mobile Pro 780 with 2.11 core and CE 3.01. I installed the Terminal Services Client from HPCfactor. When I attempt to connect to either a windows 2000 terminal server or XP remote desktop, the Mobile Pro locks up after the login window partially displays. Any Ideas?
 Top of the page
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-03-12 12:43 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Most likely you are trying too high a screen color setting.
See if you can customize it to 256 colors to see if that makes a difference.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-12 7:59 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Check that you have a fairly healthy quota of available system and program Memory, as TSC needs to create a cache file.

PocketDVD, the H/PC TSC doesn't display is 8-bit anyway.
 Top of the page
Ominous345
Ominous345 Page Icon Posted 2005-03-12 4:32 PM
#
Thanks for the advice. I did adjust the color pallet to 256 colors. My memory is at about 22 MB for system and 10 MB of storage. I am only using between 1.6MB and 1.9MB on each side. After making the adjustments, I tried it again, and even chose low speed connection, and got the same results.

MORE infor. I am using a wireless network connection -802.11b and am able to browse the web, and everything else, etc.

I am using the file downloaded from HPC factor for terminal services. Is there an older one perhaps? Various searches on the 'net have yielded no results.

Top of the page
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-03-12 4:57 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

You could try VNC (install vnc server on one of the machines your trying to connect to) and see if that works.

Windows 2000 TS and WIndows XP remote desktop use some different security settings on the connection then windowsNT4 terminal server.
I havent tried the ts client on this site yet to see.

Maybe one of the admins can say a bit more if the client has been successfull on win2k+ connections.

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-12 6:54 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If the H/PC Pro download here, this is the only version of it ever released:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0066.asp

This outlines what works visually I feel:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0065.asp

Have you got any group policy settings in forced for the servers - mandatory 128-bit encryption etc. Have you installed the 128-bit SSL update (not that it actually makes a difference)
 Top of the page
Ominous345
Ominous345 Page Icon Posted 2005-03-12 8:48 PM
#
I do have SSL 128 installed. I am able to connect to servers using VNC. I am trying to establish an inexpensive wireless terminal, however. It looks like this platform isn't going to support it. I found articles on the net where an HP was used to administer several windows 2000 servers. It might be something to do with my NEC possibly?

Thanks
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9