x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Serial connection problem

BANE
BANE Page Icon Posted 2005-03-12 9:49 PM
#
Hey guys, glad to have found this little site. Well my problem is trying to connect to my pc via the serial cable. Don't worry I'm not some noob who hasn't read teh manual. It works with the usb cable, and I guess thats what matters, but it bugs the hell outta me. PC just doesn't connect. I tried performing the soft reset, pressing 's' and entering the diagnostic mode. when i "test" the serial port I get a FAILED report, saying TIMEOUT ERROR.. I have no idea what is wrong.
Perhaps one of you has encountered this before!?

..........IB a n e
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-03-12 11:45 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi, i've got the same error message on my jornada 728, and my activesync will refuse to work via serial cable too. but the thing is i don't think it's an issue of the HPC, i am more inclined to think it's an Activesync or a computer problem, because right now i've a 728, two 680s and a 680e and none of them will connect. already tried with different cables (3 different), with and without cradles (2) and nothing works.
i don't know why is that happening, i'll install AS on another computer and get you the details back...
 Top of the page
BANE (not logged in)
BANE (not logged in) Page Icon Posted 2005-03-13 5:27 AM
#
Ok, I'm going back to uni this evening. I can try and install AS on another PC when I get up and see if it makesa difference. I shall keep you all informed,

.IB a n e
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-03-13 6:33 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

All I can suggest is this. Check your COM Ports. I had problems at first. But found AS worked when I used the Other serial port. Serial are Com Ports 1 or 2. As 3.8 gives an option on what port to use.
Chris
 Top of the page
BANE (not logged in)
BANE (not logged in) Page Icon Posted 2005-03-14 12:34 PM
#
Right, still doesn't work, this is the fourth Pc I have tried with. I have checked the com ports, I have changed the speeds, making sure they match and all that! I am not sure. I only have Active Sync 3.1 I should download 3.8 the next time i am home I try that I guess...

..........IB a n e
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-14 3:15 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You can get AS 3.8 from the Sync Soft Section in the top navigation.

With four PC's though this is more likly a cable fault or a device fault.

Keep the connection speed at 19,200
Give the cable and port on the device a clean
Try and find an irda adapter or laptop with Infrared and see if that works
If you have any hardware which can be used with a terminal session or via a telnet session give that a try too.
 Top of the page
BANE J720
BANE J720 Page Icon Posted 2005-03-26 3:32 PM
#
Hey there. Right first of all, thanx for those inbox messages with the link to the program I need to create a loop. The thing is I am home for easter, and I left my serial cable up in uni... so I can't TEST to see if the diagnostic works or not! arg! I have bought a usb cable finally lol, just hasn't been delivered yet, i just always wondered about the serial not working... Well once I get a chance, (prolly about 2 weeks time when I return to uni) i'll let you all know how it goes

.........IB a n e
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.236 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10