x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Problem with some DLL in mobilepro880

bart81
bart81 Page Icon Posted 2005-03-14 2:42 AM
#
Hi, i'm new user. I'm using a mobilepro 880 with new rom.
when i install some new applications and i run it, windows ce write: "cannot find portapinball (for example). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available"
I have download GAPI DLL and i have copy to windows directory. It display this error message. I have try to reset. Nothing

Can you help me?????????????????????????????????? Thanks

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-14 8:28 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Understanding that I am generalising here - this error is usually the result of you trying to run Pocket PC aplications on the Handheld PC.

My google for portapinball came up with Pocket PC 2000 / 2002 binaries and no HPC2000 ones, so I would summise that is your problem.
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2005-04-05 2:42 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

In my experience this same error is displayed for one of these three reasons:

1a. The application you are trying to run has a supported OS version higher than that of the device you are using.
1b. A required library the application needs has a supported OS version higher than that of the device you are using.
1c. A required library the application needs has a dependency on another library that requires a newer OS version then your device.

Solution: Use Fk's ExecutabilityCheck to change the supported OS version of the application you are using. This may or may not work. It depends on your OS version and device.

2. A required library file(.dll) is missing.

Solution: Identify what file you need with Microsoft's Dependency Walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/ ) on your PC and/or SK's PEInfo ( http://www.geocities.com/s_k_s_k_s_kru/util.html#peinfo ) or FK's ExecutabilityCheck ( http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Cupertino/2039/ExecutabilityCheck.zip ) on the device. (Though, for Peinfo or ExecutabilityCheck to even run on CE 2.11, you may need to edit them with a hex editor on a desktop PC).

3. You have reached the 32-process limit that Windows CE has had since version 1.0 . Though, this has been increased to a 64-process limit in CE 5.0 .
Solution: Close a few applications to free up a few process slots or soft reset your device.

There may be a few other cases, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. I'll add them later if I think of them.

I hope this proved useful to someone. Enjoy

PS. Its kind of stupid that there are not more specific error messages in Windows CE as in desktop Windows... but what are ya gonna do
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9