x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ebook reader for HPC

gbloch Page Icon Posted 2005-03-15 2:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi all,
New member to forum and new owner of HPC. I have several PDA's but this is my first HPC. Is there an ebook reader available for HPCs? I have an NEC MobilePro 790 with Handheld 2000 OS.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-15 2:38 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
mewiedman Page Icon Posted 2005-03-15 5:33 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I use Mobi-Pocket occasionally. I also use Microsoft Reader occasionally as well. (It's slow and clunky on my J720) My personal favorite is micro book e reader at http://www.gowerpoint.com/Index.html.

Check Henri Spagnolo's Handheld Attitude site (http://www.yetanotherhomepage.com/j7xx/j7xx.html) and select Software\Leisure\Ebook category and you will find a number of ebook readers - try them and find your own favorite! (And reply with the one you like best and why - we'll all learn then!)

MEW

Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-03-15 7:02 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

gbloch - 2005-03-15 2:35 PM

Hi all,
New member to forum and new owner of HPC. I have several PDA's but this is my first HPC. Is there an ebook reader available for HPCs? I have an NEC MobilePro 790 with Handheld 2000 OS.

Like the other two posters, Uncle Ben also uses the Mobi thing - works fine, I have a MobilePro 900, and they don't bug you to keep buying ebooks - you buy them, fine, you don't, they just leave you alone. But I can tell you that they have some fantastic deals if you like reading books on your HPC - not really my cup o'tea!

Cheers!
 Top of the page
gbloch Page Icon Posted 2005-03-15 9:21 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you for the info. I will try Mobipocket Reader at your recommendations.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-03-16 10:26 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Of all the e-book reader programs listed here, how many of them are interchangeable? I ask that because I want to check out more than one.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10