x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

build 680 modem in 710?

hanno Page Icon Posted 2005-03-15 7:43 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Does anyone have experience on putting a modem from a jornada 680 into a 710 (converting it into a 720)? I'd like to hear from any experiences. Even motherboard pics of the 710 would be greatly appreceated.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-03-24 9:35 PM
#
H/PC Elite

As far as i know the modemless units (680e, 690e and 710) motherboards lack the socket needed to connect the modem, i've personally seen a 680e mobo and it effectively lacks such a socket, i've seen 710 mobos on ebay and the seller states the same lack of socket. so i think you can not connect the modem. besides, i've seen both modems (600 and 700 series) and they's both different, so i think they have different chipsets, hence they use different drivers.

So, as summary, i believe you'll be unable to do such a thing, bettery try to find a PCMCIA modem, i believe in the US they're dirt cheap (about $10), or buy a 72x mobo and replace yours.

Hope this helps.

C:Amie, i believe that some tutorials on how to dismantle the H/PC's would be worth doing, and very helpful so that people new to the H/PC community could self-service their equipment. I personally would be willing to help with that tutorials, covering the dissection of the Jornada 6xx series and the Jornada 7xx series (except for the screens, because so far i haven't dismantled any). If you like my idea please PM me so that we can start them.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9