x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Marking up Word documents

HEMP
HEMP Page Icon Posted 2005-03-16 11:21 PM
#
Wow! It took me 2 full evenings to pour through all of the messages in this forum. Fantastic information! First, I am curious about how useable the programs are. Can you superimpose written markups on the word documents like on a tablet PC? Second, I have been holding off on buying one of the Tiger direct units because I am trying to figure out if it is worth about double the money to go to the 720? Is it that much faster? Does the extra ram/rom help measurably? Is the OS that much better? Is it more compatible? I don't want to buy the 680e if its going to be so slow that I get frustrated and don't use it. Thanks for all the info from the forum and thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this issue for me.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-03-17 2:06 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

I'll answer most of your questions. But if you really want to know, you could simply read the 680e thread. I don't know what you mean by the markup. Anyone? Yes the 720 is significantly faster. More compatible? Depends. There are a lot of StrongArm apps, and you can run some ppc ones on the 720. But I think there are more programs for the 680 processor, or was that the mips one? In that case I guess there would be less...The newer system is better - the extra ram helps too.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-03-17 1:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-03-17 8:06 AM

I'll answer most of your questions. But if you really want to know, you could simply read the 680e thread. I don't know what you mean by the markup. Anyone? Yes the 720 is significantly faster. More compatible? Depends. There are a lot of StrongArm apps, and you can run some ppc ones on the 720. But I think there are more programs for the 680 processor, or was that the mips one? In that case I guess there would be less...The newer system is better - the extra ram helps too.

i think 720 is better in terms of programs too! sorry but you're wrong about this, PS it's more compatible with ppc2000/2002 (680 isn't compatible at all!) and that gives much more options...
so, HEMP, go for the 720 if you have the money!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-03-17 6:48 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Yeah, I wasn't sure about that.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8