x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Linksys WPC11 "Unidentified PCCard Adapter" alert

bobg3723
bobg3723 Page Icon Posted 2005-03-17 5:23 PM
#
My Sharp Tripad PV6000 appears unable to communicate via Ethernet using the Linksys Instant Wirelesss Network PC Card WPC11. Upon insertion, I get an "Unidentified PCCard Adapter" alert. I have no idea what to name the driver. I've installed the WPC11 version 2.5 CE drivers off the Linksys site (supports PCMCIA cards). However, mention is made that the WPC11 with no model version (like mine) is unsupported. That's not encouraging.
Is there a workaround? If not, what PCMCIA wired or wireless card for the Tripad is there currently on the market?

Here's what I have. Only the WPC11 is not cooperating:
Sony laptop, Windows XP with latest service pack upgrade as of 3/15/05
D-Link Airplus XtremeG DWL-G650 wireless cardbus adapter
D-link Xtreme Wireless router DI-624

Sharp Tripad, CE core version 2.11 with service pack 1 installed.
Linksys Instant Wirelesss Network PC Card WPC11, version unspecified.

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-17 6:37 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to H/PC Pro Support
 Top of the page
bobg3723
bobg3723 Page Icon Posted 2005-03-17 9:44 PM
#
No luck yet...so I uninstalled all my CE updates and started over with a fresh Tripad.

Installed HPC 3.0 SP1, Microsoft Handheld PC 2.0 SP1, and vxUTL. It appears that among the installation files are both the W100 Wireless LAN and Linksys Wireless PC Card programs.

I'm still getting an "Unidentified PCCard Adapter" alerts when I insert the Linksys WPC11. I'll admit to being a total newbie regarding getting at the problem with vxUTL.

Does DHCP work at all? What .DLL files should I ensure to be found by Windows CE?

Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-03-18 6:27 AM
#
H/PC Elder

If your WPC11 doesn't have a version, it could be the original, which uses a PRISM 2.0 Wifi chip.

The Linksys drivers won't work. Not sure if there is another driver that's compatible tho.
 Top of the page
Darkinspiration
Darkinspiration Page Icon Posted 2005-03-31 11:31 PM
#
Stories point to the fact that the compaq wl1000 driver seem to work. Also there is a reference PRISM driver somewhere in the wild if you find hit it should work fine.
 Top of the page
Jornada 660lx Page Icon Posted 2005-04-03 6:53 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

i am having the same trouble with my aironet 340.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-03 7:06 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Did you get the right driver for your system? The Cisco setup is pretty straightforward, just make sure that the driver is in storage memory and not CF. Also, with the Cisco I noticed that you have to sometimes push it in with a bit of force before it lights up. Try soft-resetting with it inside.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-04 11:57 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Can you post us everything on the back plate, including FCC ID.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 26