x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC 900C Touch Screen

raltenhofen Page Icon Posted 2007-02-21 12:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi all, I have encountered an interesting problem on my 900C. I have had it for a few months and I'm still learning.

When I first got it (ebay purchase, doncha know), the touch screen was a little flakey. Had to recalibrate often and there were some "soft-spots" meaning the stylus just couldn't get a response. Someone suggested I get a mouse, which I did and it works great.

The only problem with a mouse is that it is not as accomodating as using the stylus. Picture this: I'm at the airport with a few hours to kill. So I whip out my 900C for some entertainment. Oh yeah, plug in the mouse. Now what surface am I going to use for my mouse?

So I thought, I'll just whip out my stylus only to find it now doesn't respond at all to the stylus.

So my question is: Did the mouse somehow switch off the touch screen?

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-02-21 12:24 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The digitiser connects to the motherboard beneath the right hand screen hinge. If you unscrew this and lift the cover part off, you will see it. Try removing and reattaching the ribbon, that often gets the digitiser working again in good form.
 Top of the page
raltenhofen Page Icon Posted 2007-02-21 5:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well I did as you suggest and it seemed to work, meaning the touch screen now works. But it could also be the hard reset too, i suppose. Anyway, I lost the dang screw for the cover.

Richard in AZ
raltenhofen.com
 Top of the page
raltenhofen Page Icon Posted 2007-03-23 1:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

In case anyone searches these archives, the method that ultimately worked was to recalibrate the screen using a very light touch. Apparently the screen can sense force, too(!) Once i did that, the touch screen works well. (But not as responsive as a J720.)
 Top of the page
dustbowl0407
dustbowl0407 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-02 2:28 AM
#
I have had some problems with my digitizer too. I have taken off the ribbon and reattached as well as calibrated the screen multiple times to no avail. Any suggestions?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 12