x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CE.NET Start Menu

raltenhofen Page Icon Posted 2007-02-21 5:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

OK. now that I got my touch screen back, it's time to tackle another problem.

I have loaded so many applications on my 900c that the Start menu has become cumbersome.

In Winodows NT, I can modify the Start menu in Profiles. Can i do the same in CE.NET?

I did not find anything in the Profiles folder, just an empty Guest folder. Certainly nothing that reflected my Start menu.

In general, is there a CE.NET Users Guide? I hate to bother you guys with what should be trivial questions.

(Hope I'm not violating anything by using my website in my signature.)

Thanks,
Richard in AZ
raltenhofen.com
 Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2007-02-21 7:27 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve, but isn't it a question of modifying the contents of C:/Windows/Start Menu?
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-02-24 8:02 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Just use total commander and create new directories in c:\windows\programs. Then move all the .lnk files to the folders of your choice. I for example created \Internet, \Multimedia, \Graphics, \Utilities etc etc. Then moved all the internet related .lnk (shortcuts) to c:\windows\programs\internet and so on so forth. Hope that helps.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-02-24 8:24 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

That's what I do as well, just make subdirectories for my files, otherwise the start menu gets so large I have to spend too much time scrolling around to get to a program that begins with "W".

Rich
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 12