x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Linksys WCF54G on MP900c

Jesnw Page Icon Posted 2007-02-22 4:21 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I bought recently a Linksys WCF54G Wireless card. The configuration program is designed for Pocket PC 2002. I have installed the program with the wl420.ARMV4 cab file on my MobilePro 900c, but i can't introduce the WEP-128bits key of my Wireless LAN because the 'Configure Wireless Network...' command from 'Tool' Menu not works. What can i do for solve the problem? Would have i that copy any dll or anything? Please, help me.
 Top of the page
Jesnw Page Icon Posted 2007-02-26 8:26 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I got do it . The procedure is the following:

1. Execute and complete the Setup Wizard from CD-ROM.
2. You must install the wl420.ARMV4.CAB file from the device (for that, you have got to copy the cab file from <unidad del sistema del PC de escritorio>\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\Linksys\wl420.ARMV4.CAB)
3. Replace the file WNAGS46.dll for the attachment file.
4. Restart the unit and to insert the CompactFlash card and ready.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments WNAGS46.rar (45KB - 4 downloads)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-02-26 9:34 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I'm curious Jesnw, I had tried that card about a year ago...and I could get it run fine, but could only get it to connect in 802.11B mode, not G. Is your connection showing 54mb/sec or is it connecting in B mode (11mb/sec) like mine did?

Rich
 Top of the page
Jesnw Page Icon Posted 2007-02-26 10:59 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi Rich, It seems to me that the card works also to 11Mbps. I have transferred a file of 10,6MB y the transference has lasted more than 1,57seg (54g speed). How can i measure the speed of connection?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-02-26 4:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I had discovered that it didn't work when I set my home network to run on G protocol only. Then I couldn't connect. Then I set it to B protocol only and it worked fine. Finally I set it to both B and G and it still worked, but I did like you did, I timed how long it took to transfer a large file using my WCF54G card and then using a pcmcia 802.11B card and found the times to be identical.

That pretty much verified that it was connecting in B mode only for me. Later on I figured out how to check my connections using the control panel on my Netgear wireless router...it verified that the device was connected using the B protocol only.

Eventually I sold the card since it really had no advantage over the B cards I already had. Unfortunately I sold it to a scam artist in Talladega, AL who wrote me a hot check and then disappeared off the face of the Earth....so I ended up with nothing.

Your real name isn't Cameron Lawler by any chance is it...if so...I want my card back!

Rich
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-02-26 5:00 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Sounds more like Cameron Lawless.
 Top of the page
MPC720 Page Icon Posted 2007-02-26 11:24 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I might be getting slightly off-topic here, but has anyone been able to get the Linksys WCF54G card to work at all with the Sigmarion III?
 Top of the page
Jesnw Page Icon Posted 2007-02-27 5:02 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

The only setting that has my WLAN Router (Zyxel) is 'Channel ID' adjusted in Channel 9 at 2452 MHz. In my device appears connected at 'Channel 9 (b/g)'. I will contact to Linksys about this question.

The advantage of this card vs. other cards is that Linksys card has many options for security both encryptation as authentication.

PD: I'm sorry Rich, i reside in SPAIN.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.343 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 16