x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

wifi card id co,patibility questions

SFT Page Icon Posted 2005-03-18 2:42 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Using the HPC Factor compatibility lists I find the Orinoco wifi card works with my Jornada 820 (CE 2.11 / Pro)
Is this the card listed in the compatibility chart?: Proxim 8410-WD Orinoco 802.11b Classic Gold PC Card
And how about this Belkin card, it's a 6020; the chart shows only a 6060: Belkin F5D6020 specs seem to be the same: will it work on my Jornada?
thanks for your help in clarifying wifi cards not specific to the compatibility chart
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-18 10:27 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Be very careful with the 8410-WD, as there is a CardBus version floating about and that will not work at all.

Reports from users tell me the 16-bit is OK.

I only found the one 6020 on Belkin.com (Part # F5D6020) so probability suggests they're one and the same.
 Top of the page
SFT Page Icon Posted 2005-03-18 5:52 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hey, Amie
Yeah: I know the cardbus/32 bit cards are no help.
I did learn that the Belkin 6020 is a PCMCIA card; the 6060 is a CF version. I think other than form factor, they're the same.
There are so many Orinoco derivations out there, it's hard to know what's what. And I know that the HCF can't look at every blankety-blank card ever made!
thanks for your assistance. I'll keep sniffing around and let you know what I end up with.
SFT
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-18 6:44 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I did put a message in one of the threads for Orinoco users to leave me the spcific device codes for the adapters they known do and do not work. Alas not a single person has.

As soon as I have specifics I will make the HCL listing more accurate - applies to anything in it if anyone has any info they want to share.

HINT HINT
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-03-18 10:25 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

My friend may be getting an orinoco.

EDIT: Nice C:Amie, I like the new picture. Show the power! :-P

Edited by ProgramSynthesiser 2005-03-18 10:28 PM
 Top of the page
handheldjunkie
handheldjunkie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-19 7:47 AM
#
does anyone know if I can use a wifi card with my NEC 770? Do I need to get a rom upgrade, is there one? Can anyone help or push me in the right direction?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9