x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

680e Backup Battery

maxinflixion Page Icon Posted 2007-02-22 9:01 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Ok, my new 680e got delivered today and I had some fun with it.

Played with Jlime. Decided to go back to Windows for speed (never thought I'd switch from Linux to Windows for speed!).

Only issue I am having is the brand new backup battery I installed. After only a few hours I am being told backup battery is Low already.

Has anyone else had such issues?

I tried searching teh forums, but it seems to be disabled...

edit

*** I changed my CF card to a different one, and NOW, no issues...***

Edited by maxinflixion 2007-02-22 9:42 PM
 Top of the page
liligis Page Icon Posted 2007-03-01 10:15 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi, I don't know the answer to your problem, but I would advice you to be careful not to get totally discharged the backup battery, you can loose all your data!

BTW, did you check the charge of your main battery before and after playing?? if it is too low, the machine takes energy from the backup battery, therefore you must recharge your main battery before you get the backup battery discharge (or connect to AC power) and you must put a new backup battery.

Well, sorry if I'm too obvious, guys here in HPC can help you to discover more profound issues

Greetings
Liligis (new Jornada owner)
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2007-03-01 10:46 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Is this the 690e that you bought for parts?

Are you saying that after you changed the CF card you don't have a problem? As liligis asked-did you check the charge on the main battery before playing? If the main battery is run down-the backup battery will be eventually run down as well.

wildbill
 Top of the page
maxinflixion Page Icon Posted 2007-03-02 9:14 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

This occurred day ONE with my 680e (before I even planned on buying that 690), it was odd, but only occurred when I used an OLD Cf Card (16mb) that had come with my first ever digital camera.

Since then, not an issue...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 41 - Executed queries : 30