x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Lost AS Partnership: can I get it back?

Jake Page Icon Posted 2007-02-27 5:13 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
While creating a partnership on new installation of AS 3.1 (I need to run Schedule+ on this old laptop), even though I chose, "keep partnership with two computers," AS 3.1 still deleted my partnership on a Sharp Mobilon 4100 (CE 2.0).

The deleted partnership is to the main 3.8 AS connection on my main laptop.

I have NOT deleted this Mobilon partnership on the main 3.8 AS setup.

Is it possible to recreate the partnership in the registry of the Mobilon?

Thanks,
Jake

Update: in the Mobilon registry, I found Partners, and P2 is blank. Obviously, I can recreate the PName, but I'm still looking to recreate the PId. I'm in the CESDs now, but I'd appreciate a pointer from any experienced user. Thx, JF

Edited by Jake 2007-02-27 5:28 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-02-28 11:07 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Just pull the PID out of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\Partners on the PC.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2007-02-28 11:16 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Ahhhhhh! So simple and I'm so stupid. I took the much longer way of restoring a backup, pulling the PId out of the Ce registry. Interestingly, it did not work. I was still prompted by AS 3.8 to make a new partnership. I don't know why it did that, unless it had already decided the Mobilon was a new machine (since I had tried to synch it without the PId) and it no longer cared about the old PId.

So then I had to build a new partnership anyway. The whole thing only took about about 3 hours, no problem

The good news is no doubled-contacts or weird appointment settings, problems I often find in a restore, even when setting AS to "replace items on the device."

Still wonder why AS 3.1 deleted the partnership to begin with--even AS 3.1 seems quite amenable to a HPC with two partnerships.

At any rate, up and running, and thanks for the help,
Jake
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-02-28 11:29 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It is possible that there were already two on the device, hidden in the registry, and AS 3.1 took out the lodest - your 3.8 one.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2007-02-28 12:01 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Yes, that could be, now that I think about it. 3.1 told me I had to delete a partnership, but the list seemed to be two identical partnerships with the main computer. I must've chosen the wrong one, the newer partnership with the main computer. Perhaps the other one I kept was for a partnership already deleted on the mail computer.

Bad luck, but it would explain why putting the PId in made no difference.

Jake
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 8