x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Trouble connecting to Win XP via cable

handheldjunkie
handheldjunkie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-20 10:23 AM
#
Hello all,

I was recently in a meeting and a gentleman was using is HP 620 LX. I had forgot how much these HPC pro devices were so perfect for note taking and basically all the fundamental tasks I do every day. I remembered I had a NEC 770 in my old PPC/HPC drawer. By the way I think I have every device type since the Casio E-10 came out.

I know this question may seem very elementary to every one here, but I can not seem to connect my NEC 770 to my lap top running Win XP with the SP2 patch. It says I have a RAS error. Can someone please help me.

Also, I would like to use this device to do spreadsheets and Word docs and email. Is this really doable with Win Ce 2.11? I mean can I easily work on these docs on the NEC 770 with out having to reconfigure them everytime I try to use them on my laptop?

I am wanting to go back in time and utilize this great technology is it possible?

Handheldjunkie

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-20 10:44 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Well first things first.
Which version of the sync software have you installed on XP
Have you given it firewall permissions

and please provide us with the full error message
 Top of the page
mnwess Page Icon Posted 2005-03-20 12:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm having the same problem with my new HP Jornada 680e. My desktop has no serial port, so I purchased a serial to USB connector, and can't get the Sync to detect the handheld (yes, it's powered on and connected correctly).

I'm using ActiveSync 3.0, the serial adapter software for usb 1.1, supplied by the adapter manufacturer, and Windows XP on the desktop.

I do appreciate the information available on this site! Thanks to all of you.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-03-20 12:18 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

The first thing I would do is uninstall ActiveSync and install the newest version (3.8).
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-20 12:35 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

As PS says, you should install 3.8 (See the sync soft section in the top navigation) as ActiveSync has only been XP compatible since 3.5.

What COM port is being assigned to the adapter?
 Top of the page
handheldjunkie
handheldjunkie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-21 7:56 AM
#
PS and Amie,

Thank you and Thank you. Active sync 3.8 is a wonderful thing. I am now connected. I knew it was an easy fix. Any hoo I will be buying a wireless card for my HPC. Which one would be the best for the NEC 770? I was hoping to buy a Type 1 card so I could keep my CF slot for memory. Or would you all suggest the opposite configuration.

Thanks again!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 29