x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Utility/driver to allow running PPC2002/3 apps on MP900c?

wrokon Page Icon Posted 2007-03-02 3:21 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I seem to recall having seen some such piece of software (on this site or some other HPC site I think) to allow running PPC2002/3 apps on NEC MP900c. I can't find a "search" function here - casualty of recent outage?

There are some programs from where I work that claim to run with PPC2002 (to allow VPN access, and some other in-house developed packages).

TIA
rok
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2007-03-02 3:32 PM
#
H/PC Elite

www.hpcnec.com

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2007-03-02 3:33 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Cmonex's site can help also

S/F,
CEYA!

Edited by Ceya 2007-03-02 3:34 PM
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2007-03-02 4:19 PM
#
H/PC Elite

RedGear will also allow similar once released. Some programs require more thorough editing than others, but you could try the above linked resources for the DLL's to download.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-03-02 4:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

RedGear...how did you come up with that name Isotherm? Sounds like a type of beer! Am patiently awaiting your masterpiece to play with....

Rich
 Top of the page
wrokon Page Icon Posted 2007-03-03 10:25 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks. I did find on hpcnec info about the utility, "Executability Check", which looks as though it might help. However, it does seem to require that the runtime files (*exe, *dll) be on the MP to check. My problem is that the install process from the partner PC via ActiveSync is where the requirement checking is done, fails, and kicks out. Would I be able to extract the WinCE program files on the XP PC, then manually copy them over to test with Executability Check?

TIA,
rok
 Top of the page
wrokon Page Icon Posted 2007-03-03 11:01 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Wow! Found a posting by cmonex, and in that a link to her (seems I have seen references to that gender for cmonex ;-) site - what a cornucopia. Here it is for others who may not have luck finding a post of hers (although that seems hard to avoid ;-):

http://izemize.fw.hu/hpc.php

Lots of packages there that seem applicable to my goal here - many thanks, cmonex!

A word of caution though - that site throws up a ton of popups, and most in Hungarian I believe, so I cannot understand them anyway. This happens even with Mozilla on Linux blocking most popups - I cannot imagine what it does to a typical Windoze PC. BTW, it helps to avoid letting your mouse cursor go over the flashing frames at the top since each of those seems to trigger a popup.

rok
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2007-03-03 11:13 AM
#
H/PC Elite

The CAB installation files are usually put on the disk somewhere, often in \Program Files\ActiveSync, or in the program's own installation directory. Sometimes they are erased once installation is attempted, and are somewhere in \Documents and Settings\UserName\LocalSettings\Temp.

If you still can't find the CAB's, you might consider a tool like the Linux orange or unshield which try to extract the CAB's from a desktop EXE installer.

Edited by isotherm 2007-03-03 11:16 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-05 12:03 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

wrokon - 2007-03-03 4:25 PM

Thanks. I did find on hpcnec info about the utility, "Executability Check", which looks as though it might help. However, it does seem to require that the runtime files (*exe, *dll) be on the MP to check. My problem is that the install process from the partner PC via ActiveSync is where the requirement checking is done, fails, and kicks out. Would I be able to extract the WinCE program files on the XP PC, then manually copy them over to test with Executability Check?

TIA,
rok

dependencywalker is the equivalent of execheck on the pc.

wrokon - 2007-03-03 5:01 PM

A word of caution though - that site throws up a ton of popups, and most in Hungarian I believe, so I cannot understand them anyway. This happens even with Mozilla on Linux blocking most popups - I cannot imagine what it does to a typical Windoze PC. BTW, it helps to avoid letting your mouse cursor go over the flashing frames at the top since each of those seems to trigger a popup.

rok

sorry about the popups
it's a free hosting thing, trust me i never asked for the popups and your tip is very helpful, i've never realized that before
 Top of the page
wrokon Page Icon Posted 2007-03-05 11:09 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

NP, I realize it has to be paid for somehow, but it seems like a waste of effort/bandwidth if they throw up ads in a language quite different from the predominant one of a requesting IP's geography - that is easily found info.

BTW, do you have an English translation of the ExecutabilityCheck.txt file in exec.zip? It seems to be in the original Japanese ? Since I cannnot get ExecutabilityCheck.exe (MIPS) to run on my MP880, I need all the clues I can get. I get the message that it can't find itself ;-}, or one of its components (made sure coredl3.dll was in same dir with it).

TIA,
rok
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-07 1:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

here is an edited version for hpc pro mips (included with lots of dlls, again edited for hpc pro): http://csakugy2.atw.hu/mips211.zip

(you don't need the coredl3.dll for it)

ps.: yes the ads are such a waste, i never look at them hehe
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 12