x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

miniStumbler problem with Cisco

polyfaux Page Icon Posted 2007-03-03 1:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I just got a Cisco 340 Wireless Card and now my miniSumbler states that there is no wireless card detected. Is there something i am missing or just sol?
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-03-03 1:41 PM
#
H/PC Elite

The 340 doesn't support 'monitor' mode. In other words it wont work with any stumber program. So yeah, you're sol.
Look into getting a card with an orinoco, prism or agere chipset and life will be grand.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
polyfaux Page Icon Posted 2007-03-03 4:57 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

thanks anyway
 Top of the page
Derek.HPCManiac
Derek.HPCManiac Page Icon Posted 2007-03-03 7:24 PM
#
use pocketwinc
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2007-03-03 7:54 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Pocketwinc wont work either if the wireless card doesnt support monitor mode. Nothing, nadda, no wifi scanner will work with that card period.
 Top of the page
jruschme Page Icon Posted 2007-03-04 4:18 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Funny... I'm using a 340 with both WM2003 and Linux. AFAIK, it does support monitor mode (I use WiFiFoFum on the PPC with it), though it may not be the best choice.

As for miniStumbler, I was under the impression that it only worked with Prism2-based cards.
 Top of the page
polyfaux Page Icon Posted 2007-03-14 3:38 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok I am willing to give either a try and from my research Pocketwinc is the best route... I have found lots of links that say it works, but i cant even get the thing installed. Please let me know whats I am doing wrong
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-03-14 9:19 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

some of these ciscos work with pocketwinc, some dont. maybe it depends on the firmware? modded pocketwinc is on my site, that package can be installed fine.
 Top of the page
polyfaux Page Icon Posted 2007-03-15 12:41 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. but i am using the built in drivers and software of my Jornada 720
The driver version is V1.23
The Firmware Version is V5.30.17
and it flashes between PC4800 is and is not associated.

I have attempted to navigate through Cisco's website and it may be me but i feel like I need an engineering degree to get anything.

I have also tried Pocketwarrior again no luck

Edited by polyfaux 2007-03-15 12:42 AM
 Top of the page
baskard
baskard Page Icon Posted 2007-03-15 2:42 PM
#
Yes, I too had wifi connection problems with Cisco Aironet 342 when I upgraded my firmware to V5.30.17. Also, I was not able to make it work with the built in drivers. I had to use a different driver and to downgrade the firmware to make my wifi work.

Both ministumbler and pocketwinc didn't recognize my wifi card. And I couldn't get wififofum installed successfully. I couldn't install wififofum in my Jornada 720 because wififofum is made only for CE .net. I couldn't get Executability check to change the OS version. Does anyone know if wififofum works with Jornada 720?

Thanks,
Baskar
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 27