x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows Media Player with 2.11

FLHP Page Icon Posted 2007-03-04 12:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Anyone have any experience with Windows Media Player with CE 2.11 . I thought I found the correct version. It loaded well, and acts like it sees and loads wma files, it just doesn't play. Not a sound issue at all, the slide rule doesn't move at all, but the file title lists on the screen.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-04 2:45 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Which H/PC do you have that didn't come with WMP installed? (Version is 1.2 for Handheld PC; a download link is on this site if you haven't found it already.)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-03-04 2:59 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

This is your problem (see the table):
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0068.asp

You have to use CBR and only those listed, otherwise playback will dive. If you're not too far from the margin, you can enable the "attempt to play unsupported bitrates" option, however be prepared for some instability.
 Top of the page
FLHP Page Icon Posted 2007-03-05 10:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the info, but it sounds like a pain, and I have a later version of Windows Media on the laptop and dekstop, so time to look towards something else. Really don't want to peddle backwards on my other equipment to make this work.
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2007-03-05 11:34 PM
#
H/PC Elite

You need to try Geared2003 HPC media player. It works on my Mips Pencentra 200 HPC Pro WinCE2.11

Working on video but music works very well.

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
FLHP Page Icon Posted 2007-03-12 4:02 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Downloaded it, and yes, handles the mp3 stuff well. Can't get it to recognise any video yet at all.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-12 4:20 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

What error messages (if any) do you get when trying to run videos?
 Top of the page
FLHP Page Icon Posted 2007-03-12 8:11 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

No message at all. The video name shows in the lower screen, it just won't play anything. I tied TCPMP next. It loaded up, and seemed to work. But, couldn't get any video out of it either. Tried several formats. I have an Mpeg4 camera, but I get an error message, and I'm sure it's the whole Sony thing.

Since Divx is also listed, tried some older encoded movies I had. They played, had sound, but no video. I'm sure it's a codec issue, but don't know how to ge the codec over to CE.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 1:32 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I admit I'm having a similar problem with a couple of videos I've converted from RealMedia format, and I'm stumped too. (At least if there were an error message, there'd be a clue how to fix the problem, like converting from an incompatible codec to a compatible one.)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-03-13 6:03 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

What bit-rates are you using gents, remember 2.11 isn't going to give you anything that a contempoary rendering system will offer up to you, you also don'thave the luxury of GAPI, and, now that tcpmp development has stopped any codec innovation wont be included in the player - so do check the codec version and avoid VBR where possible.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-03-14 3:20 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'm setting audio to 64 Kbps (audio is fine); I believe I set the video framerate to 15 fps. I've been planning to tinker with the video settings while trying to convert the RealMedia videos again. (I'll knock it down to 8 fps and see what I get.)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 10