x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

neo_mkd Page Icon Posted 2005-03-20 5:45 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hey guys. i just registered at thiis forum, so i can ask for help from more experienced PC freaks
i have jus bought a brand new LG Flatron f920B and i already have "problems"
while working, or after turning off my pc the screen tends to go bigger
i set it right with the monitor menu, and after restarting my PC or after a couple of minute the screen trends to go bigger,and it really annoyes me
i have a no name FX 5200 grafic card
can someone help me? plz?!
thanx in advance
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-03-20 6:49 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Unless I'm wrong the LG Flatron f920B is a PC monitor. When you say gets bigger what do you mean?

Edited by Yoldering 2005-03-20 7:03 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-03-20 7:33 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well, after it changes from a 19 inch monitor to a 21 inch, unplug it quickly while it is big...and then sell it for more money.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I believe the 5200 cards all use the standard NVidea drivers, and doubt that would make any changes in displayed image. I'd be willing to bet that you have a hardware problem with the monitor itself...not to be unexpected with some of that old Soviet gear.

Rich
 Top of the page
exscentric Page Icon Posted 2005-03-20 9:34 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sounds like a hardware problem to me as well. Try to note if it gets wider and thicker or just one or the other. That would help anyone trying to work on it. If getting wider only then horizontal problem, getting thicker only then vertical sweep problem if both then it is a power supply problem, any of the three would require tech work I'd guess.

Doubt a video card could cause this problem, but then I've been wrong once or twice in my life
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-03-20 9:43 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Rich Hawley - 2005-03-20 6:33 PM

Well, after it changes from a 19 inch monitor to a 21 inch, unplug it quickly while it is big...and then sell it for more money.
Rich

HA hA hA I also did not know what els to say.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-03-21 5:21 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I hate to join in the fun, made of someone else. But hey we are "PC freaks" for crying out loud, what do you expect!

How about the Subway diet?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-03-26 11:01 AM
#
H/PC Elder

neo_mkd - 2005-03-20 3:45 PM

hey guys. i just registered at thiis forum, so i can ask for help from more experienced PC freaks
i have jus bought a brand new LG Flatron f920B and i already have "problems"
while working, or after turning off my pc the screen tends to go bigger
i set it right with the monitor menu, and after restarting my PC or after a couple of minute the screen trends to go bigger,and it really annoyes me
i have a no name FX 5200 grafic card
can someone help me? plz?!
thanx in advance

ok, jokes aside, what you describe seem to have to do with the CRT technology which tends to have a warm-up cycle. This is especially if your monitor is aging or the room-temperature is esp cold (?).

Not sure if you have fixed your screen's growing-pains, but you may want to let the monitor run for say 5~10mins before you setup your monitor's size/pos etc. Note that if this work, it may mean that when you first start your pc/monitor, it will appear slightly smaller. But once it warms up, it will be just right.

ahhh ... those CRTs ...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10