x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

custom roms for 900c!

« Prev ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... Next »
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-13 3:45 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i got some time between two of our unsuccessful attempts at jtagging the 900c...and i can proudly announce updating the rom tutorial is almost completed and will be up on my site very soon.

here is an alpha description of the new tool until then, and also the tool itself, use this with original rom editing tut.

DOWNLOAD: http://hpcmonex.net/izemize/docs/xipportcenetv1.zip

reminder links:
http://hpcmonex.net/izemize/docs/romtoolpack.zip - sorely needs updating, soon done
http://hpcmonex.net/izemize/docs/reloctutpack.zip - this also needs some update but not too bad
 Top of the page
kitor Page Icon Posted 2007-11-13 8:58 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

MobileGadu (GaduGadu client) but I written to author and he will make special "outdoor" for me
 Top of the page
VinVin Page Icon Posted 2007-11-13 11:26 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Go away for just over 2 weeks and boy the catching up I have to do. Installed Cmonex v2, great improvement over all other ROMs’. Still have some minor irritations with IE6, only one pertains here the others I’ll start a new feed later.

After signing into a secured web site a popup box “XMLHTTP not available” appears. I’ve had this with all previous ROMs’. To correct it I install MSXMLENG.CAB update, for Jornada 720, from this web site. My thought is could this be add to the ROM in later up dates.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-13 6:25 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh, thanks for the tip, i will definitely do that, too bad i didn't know about this before.. i added this cab to the next rom stuff now

what other problems do you have with IE6? it is ok to have them in separate thread or here, whatever is more comfortable for you
 Top of the page
VinVin Page Icon Posted 2007-11-14 5:17 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Sorry I didn’t mention about that MSXMLENG.CAB on the last email I sent you. I’ve done so many hard resets that I add a folder on the CF card for all the cab’s to be added after each reset. It was second nature to just add everything in that folder until your v2.0 came out.

With IE6 there are two issues both dealing with favorites: 1 replacing an existing file and 2 the size of the files.

1. My son changed his IP address, when I tried to add this new web page I got a popup box “This file already exists. Replace existing file? [YES] [NO]”. Clicking on yes, the box would go away but not replace the old file or install the new one. Changing the name of the new web site, adding it then going into the favorites folder and deleting the old and renaming the new was the route I end up using.
2. I created my favorites folder from the desk top PC’s favorites folder. Going through the problem described above I noticed a difference in file sizes for the same file. The best way to describe it is using HPC Factor.com site. The web site on my 900c that came from the desk top is 220 bytes. After using that favorite to access the web site then adding it to the favorites fold it ends up at 49 bytes.

Item 2 would be easy to correct, go to the web site then add to favorites, except item 1 won’t let you add the new one without changing the name. So I guess I’ll live with the larger file sizes unless there is a way to correct the first problem.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-22 3:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

sorry i missed this post.

is this favourites problem with v2.0 or just generally with ce.net?

on another note.. this is a sick auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEC-MobilePro-900C-Customize-KIT-Wireless-LAN-Internet_W0QQitemZ320183861131QQihZ011QQcategoryZ3311QQcmdZViewItem
 Top of the page
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2007-11-22 4:11 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2007-11-22 4:43 PM

sorry i missed this post.

is this favourites problem with v2.0 or just generally with ce.net?

on another note.. this is a sick auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEC-MobilePro-900C-Customize-KIT-Wireless-LAN-Internet_W0QQitemZ320183861131QQihZ011QQcategoryZ3311QQcmdZViewItem

Cmonex,

What is sick about the auction?

Regards, Don

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-22 4:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

the amount of lies in it..and selling the NEC cd and shareware

one example for lies:

"Many Useful WinCE applications and utilities that are designed for your MobilePro 900C. You do not get them from any other Mobilepro units"
 Top of the page
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2007-11-22 5:48 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2007-11-22 5:14 PM

..and selling the NEC cd and shareware

Why would that be a problem? Collecting and combining the various items would seem to be a service of possible value. Just two or three useful items out of the total might justify the entire price.

Regards, Don
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-22 5:54 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, maybe someone else can explain it better than me but this is just a scam as you can just download this stuff and he is lying about that (the availability of the items)

and that price for the wifi and lan card only isn't a good deal
 Top of the page
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2007-11-22 6:22 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2007-11-22 6:54 PM

well, maybe someone else can explain it better than me but this is just a scam as you can just download this stuff and he is lying about that (the availability of the items)

and that price for the wifi and lan card only isn't a good deal

Setting aside the question of whether the final result is good or not, how long would it take to identify all the sources, download and understand all the programs well enough to install them and back up everything. At my age, failing to outsource work hours where possible is inefficient. I'm better off concentrating on work that seems like play. If my estate is $100 smaller, tough!

Regards, Don
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-11-22 8:38 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, it's a moot point now - the listing has been cancelled.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-22 9:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

seems like C:Amie's or phatware's warning to ebay helped

DonL0001, you have a good point though, other than the lies the seller was telling.

Edited by cmonex 2007-11-22 9:28 PM
 Top of the page
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2007-11-22 9:40 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2007-11-22 10:27 PM

seems like C:Amie's or phatware's warning to ebay helped

DonL0001, you have a good point though, other than the lies the seller was telling.

Thanks a lot guys, not!

You have apparently interfered with my voluntary paid-for purchase with a vendor with whom I have successfully dealt before. Having read thru the listing when it was still available, I saw nothing negative that was of any material interest to me. Now you apparently have no means to convince me that your interpretations were correct or significant.

Regards, Don

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-22 10:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

heh, you say i intefered? i didn't send any warnings to ebay. i have shown the original link to C:Amie though

i did not want to convince you, as i said you had some good points
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.332 - Cached queries : 52 - Executed queries : 30