x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

custom roms for 900c!

« Prev ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... Next »
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2007-11-22 10:30 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2007-11-22 11:14 PM

heh, you say i intefered? i didn't send any warnings to ebay. i have shown the original link to C:Amie though

i did not want to convince you, as i said you had some good points

I knew that you weren't one of the guys, so I wasn't including you.

Regards, Don
 Top of the page
rbsfou Page Icon Posted 2007-11-23 1:29 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

OMG this is disgusting behaviour for factorites IMHO.

DonL0001 is right in his second point - i've seen these before, and whilst i would not be interested in one myself (i have the cards, the time to download & investigate the software), and i agree that it is expensive for what it is, but why the mob mentality to get the listing taken down? Unless someone's copyright has been violated on the CD, as far as i can see they are doing an inexperienced user a service by finding compatible hardware for them. I bought a 680 CD from "Jornada Central" - i haven't looked at all of it yet, but it's there for the future as the ISPs go bust, the mirrors go down (etc.)

I agree the wording is unfortunate enough to have provoked some folks like cmonex - however i'd like to think the seller was saying that other people selling 900c's on ebay don't provide a software bundle like this.

I visited the seller's shop a few times (admittedly, as i too was disgusted with the price), and they seem like a small US-based computing store. Not some huge business. They have to make a profit to survive, just like all of us individuals, and they are doing something to support the HPC platform by putting this kit together. I bet if you go into their store with an HPC they will help you with it. Try that with PC world (i don't know the US equivalent - "Bestbuy", "Circuit City" ?).
 Top of the page
konker Page Icon Posted 2007-11-23 4:35 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

michelbel - 2007-11-08 2:27 AM

My perfect Prism card ( does WPA/TKIP with PSK on my home lan)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\PCMCIA\_-IEEE_802.11_Wireless_LAN/PC_Card-7EA7

This is a Z-COM XI-325 H/W rev 2.1A F/W rev 1.3.6

Hi michelbel!

I'm interested in getting this card for use with my D-Link Di-624+ G wireless router.
I've been looking around for an affordable WPA/TKIP PSK compatible wireless PCMCIA card.
This might just do the job.
However, so far, all the cards I come across do not run the same firmware as yours & can only support WEP (which is the case for most 802.11b wifi cards). Eg.: http://auction1.taobao.com/auction/0/item_detail-0db2-dc111431b1cd1dd80fa5c73bfb42870f.jhtml
Can you explain how you got WPA support for your card?
Did you flash an alternative Prism firmware or use a prism-compliant utility with the 900c to gain WPA support?
Please explain this to me so that I can decide whether to buy the card.

Thanks!

Konker
PS: I'm studying in China.

Edited by konker 2007-11-23 4:36 AM
 Top of the page
michelbel Page Icon Posted 2007-11-23 4:54 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Huizen, Netherlands (~20 miles from Amsterdam)
konker - 2007-11-22 10:35 AM

michelbel - 2007-11-08 2:27 AM

My perfect Prism card ( does WPA/TKIP with PSK on my home lan)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\PCMCIA\_-IEEE_802.11_Wireless_LAN/PC_Card-7EA7

This is a Z-COM XI-325 H/W rev 2.1A F/W rev 1.3.6

Did you flash an alternative Prism firmware or use a prism-compliant utility with the 900c to gain WPA support?

Well, I did nothing really. It works out of the box. Very standard PRISM with just a bit weird ID.
The driver automatically allows you to select WPA plus TKIP or AES .

But I have an XI-305 which is not recognized at all.

I am now awaiting an ASUS WL110 CF. Eager to see if this works as well. My current card is
200mw and drains the battery quickly. ( This is the low power card , I have a 500mw laying around also...)

Top of the page
konker Page Icon Posted 2007-11-23 7:26 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

michelbel - 2007-11-23 4:54 PM

Well, I did nothing really. It works out of the box. Very standard PRISM with just a bit weird ID.
The driver automatically allows you to select WPA plus TKIP or AES .

But I have an XI-305 which is not recognized at all.

I am now awaiting an ASUS WL110 CF. Eager to see if this works as well. My current card is
200mw and drains the battery quickly. ( This is the low power card , I have a 500mw laying around also...)

The link I provided earlier is the potential candidate for me to purchase.
But I don't think the seller would include any driver CD.
Was your driver provided in the CD-Rom or did you download it somewhere?
I can't find the utility at the manufacturer website.
Could you gimme more information on this?

Konker
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-23 7:39 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

rbsfou - 2007-11-23 7:29 AM

OMG this is disgusting behaviour for factorites IMHO.

DonL0001 is right in his second point - i've seen these before, and whilst i would not be interested in one myself (i have the cards, the time to download & investigate the software), and i agree that it is expensive for what it is, but why the mob mentality to get the listing taken down? Unless someone's copyright has been violated on the CD,

it has been.

anyway, yes good idea to provide these software collections, what i don't like is the wording and the extra price

my1990 is a good seller, i have bought before from him, and i was surprised he'd do this

Edited by cmonex 2007-11-23 7:42 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-23 7:47 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

konker - 2007-11-23 10:35 AM

However, so far, all the cards I come across do not run the same firmware as yours & can only support WEP (which is the case for most 802.11b wifi cards). Eg.: http://auction1.taobao.com/auction/0/item_detail-0db2-dc111431b1cd1dd80fa5c73bfb42870f.jhtml

erm, most 802.11b cards do support WPA, it is OS dependent mostly, nothing to do with 11mbps vs 54mbps. cisco, orinoco, prism, all support it. problem with orinoco, WPA seems broken on ce.net, even though ce.net offers you to set the WPA key for the card.

but, most prism cards support WPA just fine on CE, so just buy one, if you can, test it before buying, but it will most probably work with WPA out of the box.

the driver michelbel probably used is the standard prism driver for cenet and wzc to configure WPA (wzc is the zero config that shows up in your systray when you insert a wifi card, this is a ce.net OS utility)

hehe that was the card i almost bought in 2005 as my wlan card, but didn't in the end. so i'm curious too

Edited by cmonex 2007-11-23 7:48 AM
 Top of the page
VinVin Page Icon Posted 2007-11-23 10:12 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

First noticed this, favorites problem, with your v1.5 and the xip update. I might be able to check if this is ce.net problem in about 2 weeks. I’ll be installing another motherboard, no sound from the existing one. If this board has the original rom and bootloader I’ll test it before installing v2.0.
 Top of the page
konker Page Icon Posted 2007-11-23 10:18 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

cmonex - 2007-11-23 7:47 PM

erm, most 802.11b cards do support WPA, it is OS dependent mostly, nothing to do with 11mbps vs 54mbps. cisco, orinoco, prism, all support it. problem with orinoco, WPA seems broken on ce.net, even though ce.net offers you to set the WPA key for the card.

but, most prism cards support WPA just fine on CE, so just buy one, if you can, test it before buying, but it will most probably work with WPA out of the box.

the driver michelbel probably used is the standard prism driver for cenet and wzc to configure WPA (wzc is the zero config that shows up in your systray when you insert a wifi card, this is a ce.net OS utility)

cmonex,

Which version of Cisco 802.11b card supports WPA?
I've one lying around.
It's the Cisco PCM350 series.
I tried plugging it in & the default driver was able to start the card & get it running.
However, the WZC utility does not offer WPA, only WEP.
That has been my understanding with CE4.2 WiFi encryption support, even from the WM2003 Pocket PC OS.
Please explain how you enabled WPA for the Cisco card.
Thanks!

Konker
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-23 11:05 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

konker - 2007-11-23 4:18 PM

I've one lying around.
I tried plugging it in & the default driver was able to start the card & get it running.
That has been my understanding with CE4.2 WiFi encryption support, even from the WM2003 Pocket PC OS.
Thanks!

Konker

you need to use cisco's own config utility for ce.net to get WPA.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-23 11:08 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

VinVin - 2007-11-23 4:12 PM

First noticed this, favorites problem, with your v1.5 and the xip update. I might be able to check if this is ce.net problem in about 2 weeks. I’ll be installing another motherboard, no sound from the existing one. If this board has the original rom and bootloader I’ll test it before installing v2.0.

no need to bother with another motherboard. just reflash using the cenet update on my site. only make sure you do not copy SABOOT.NB0 to prevent an unnecessary bootloader update/flash. just flash OS. actually you can just take the XIP.BIN from the package and use C+F keys method to load and flash it

or if you need the original crappy 1.8.5 OS, it is available here as a XIP.BIN: http://hpcmonex.net/roms/XIP_OS_1-8-5_for-bootl4_10_only.ZIP (from this page: http://hpcmonex.net/romstuff.htm)
(use C+F keys but of course only if your bootloader is already 4.10)
 Top of the page
VinVin Page Icon Posted 2007-11-23 12:52 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I'm not changing the motherboard because of the favorites problem but because there is no sound. This is a hardware problem, I've had it apart a couple of times working on it to no avail. The replacement board should arrive here in about two weeks, coming from Greece.
 Top of the page
michelbel Page Icon Posted 2007-11-23 3:15 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Huizen, Netherlands (~20 miles from Amsterdam)
konker - 2007-11-22 10:35 AM

The card looks almost exactly like mine. (Except for the antenna)
It should do WPA with the standard PRISMNDS cmonex has included on Rom V2.0.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-23 3:56 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

VinVin - 2007-11-23 6:52 PM

I'm not changing the motherboard because of the favorites problem but because there is no sound. This is a hardware problem, I've had it apart a couple of times working on it to no avail. The replacement board should arrive here in about two weeks, coming from Greece.

heh, ok, i'm just saying you don't need to wait 2 weeks, you can download and flash that image if you want to check. if not now, the motherboard change requires a hard reset anyway i guess so i understand if you want to try only then.
 Top of the page
konker Page Icon Posted 2007-11-24 2:16 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

cmonex - 2007-11-23 11:05 PM

konker - 2007-11-23 4:18 PM

I've one lying around.
Thanks!

Konker

you need to use cisco's own config utility for ce.net to get WPA.

cmonex,

Thanks for the tip.
I downloaded the software driver utility package & installed the ACU to the 900C.
Tried several times to get the 350 card to associate with my wireless router but failed repeatedly.
One last resort, I upgraded the firmware to the latest available (5.60.21) & used the WZC instead (ACU offered the option of configuring the wireless properties through 'external application'.
I finally was able to see the WPA-PSK & TKIP options for the security authentication.
From there on, it was smooth sailing.

Konker
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 12