x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

custom roms for 900c!

« Prev ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... Next »
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-12 6:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Duke2k - 2007-12-11 5:28 PM

I found one issue that's not so good though:

"note: important!!! the 900c jetcet drivers WILL break your (usb) activesync connection! if you need activesync, use the hpc2000 ("900 cd cabs" version of jetcet instead."

I assume that's what wrecked USB connectivity for activesync in your v2 ROM image (you included the ce .net jetcet drivers) ?
Any possibility to revert this and get activesync usb functional again?

Thanx,
D2k

erm, you think i'd put in the driver that is known to break activesync? no, i put in the hpc2000 jetcet drivers exactly for that reason.

this might fix the activesync issues (that sometimes appear after you do a hard reset on the device) :

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=10024&posts=12
(see my post there about pnpid's)
please let me know if that helped.
 Top of the page
tetablanco
tetablanco Page Icon Posted 2007-12-21 11:36 PM
#
Hi cmonex,

Your updates work like a dream! Also, I already placed my donation at your website's Paypal link so that you can continue your exemplary
work and generous support to the whole MP900c community. More power to you!

Thank you and best regards,

Teta Blanco

P.S. Happy holidays!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-24 3:41 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

thanks and glad you like the stuff
 Top of the page
sztajmes Page Icon Posted 2007-12-26 8:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi cmonex

Finally I have few minutes to do upgrades but..
I need password to download bootloader update
I have 1.8.5 OS + 4.5-1.6

regards
sztajmes
sztajmes@yahoo.com
thank you
 Top of the page
sztajmes Page Icon Posted 2007-12-27 10:34 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi
Just upgraded bootloader and installed V2 .

WWOOOOOOWW!!!

cmonex..........I love you !!

sztajmes
 Top of the page
tetablanco
tetablanco Page Icon Posted 2007-12-30 8:40 AM
#
This is the ID for my Linksys WPC-11 ver 1 PCMCIA WiFi-B Card:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\PCMCIA\Instant_Wireless_-_Network_PC_CARD-317F

To install the card, I just had to type in prismnds.dll (bundled with CMONEX v2.0) as the driver. Works perfectly!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-30 7:47 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

excellent, thanks for the pnpid, and glad you all still like the rom.
 Top of the page
cocios
cocios Page Icon Posted 2008-01-01 4:15 AM
#
Cmonex

As one of many hpc user, I am very pleased with your roms and with your williness to help us all..

Following your general instrucciones on your webpage and the ones you gave me by email, I´ve upgraded my Nec MB900 from HPC 2000 to WInce Net 4.2 (1088) with your last v.20 custom rom (Oct 28 2007), and simply can say it is
T
E
R
R
I
F
I
C
!

Sadly, migrating from one o.s. to another isn´t so perfect and some accesories and older software doesn´t seem to be working correctly:

Hardware: Sierra Wireless Aircard 750 pc card, Margi Presenter-to-go pcmcia card and Socket BL4508-309 Bluetooth CF Adapter.

Software: ArtSKey 2.1+ (WE), Doom Legacy Emulator, Warfare Incorporated, Resco Utility Package and pocket slides

Could you guide me in order to make them work? (I know it may be imposible but as I told you before, you are the Ultimate HPC Guru, if you can´t solve it, nobody can.. haha)

Besides these small issues, its incredible how my devices rocks! I can finally use the usb port and not fight every time as I had to do with the clic-usb driver in HPC 2000.. I´m just have doubts regarding how much free memory is needed in order to use correctly your custom rom (It seems to need a lot of it, I guess because all the programs are installed in 64 mb of ram memory?) and which Ms Activesync is the best for these new o.s. (I was familiar with 3.8 but I guess latter versions could do well??)

Finally, I would surely suggest you include Bluetooth and Irda drivers, as well as a version of functional Skype instead of "Zsirc", a version of Ms Pocket Powerpoint (My old J720 used to have it, why not this one?), The ppc version of Ages of Empires, improve the welcome screen that appears (black letters with a grey background is really depresing, I´m sure something more colourfull could be done, like your background image), flash player for .swf files and an improved or fixed version of windows messenger (because the 4.0.0160 has some bugs with the messages display, You have to be always scrolling back because the text shown is very small), and cf webcam drivers..

Thanks again for your help and hope to contribute with my "little" suggestions in making a 3.0v of your custom rom..

Regards

Andres
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-02 12:59 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey, glad you like the new rom. i remember you, you were the one who sent me that firmware dump of your device, thanks for it again

as for the hardware accessories: sierra 750 and socket BT just need the cenet drivers installed instead of hpc2000 drivers. get them from sierra's site and the HCL on hpcfactor... i'm not sure the HCL has the latest socket cenet BT driver though, i'll post a link to that if you can't find it (already posted it once on the forum). no idea about the margi card, can you check the manufacturer's site? though of course you can get an inexpensive vga cable to use the 900c's built in vga port but i guess you need the higher resolution.

as for software, check artskey developer's site, i know they also make artssave, which definitely has a cenet version so maybe artskey does too. exactly what happens with doom and warfare when you try to run them? i'm sure you just need the right gapi settings for them. also please describe what happens with pocketslides, it should work out of the box. (same for resco utilities)

activesync, any will work...

i do not understand your comment on free memory, unless you mean it occupies 10MB on boot, that cannot be helped, ce.net works like that on the 900c, stock ce.net rom does that too.

thanks for your suggestions... irda is included already (irda for phone connection on COM6, and obext support in totalcommander). bluetooth, well that's planned.. as is the improved msn (just takes too much time to patch its gui without source code). flash player is already included (flash v7). skype is too big, will not fit and no point anyway, same for ages of empires. you can download the pocket office for cenet package that i made,that has powerpoint (though do not install the rest of the files, they are in the rom v2.0 already), but i decided against including it in rom as it has a few quirks. cf webcam, not many people use that, so would take away space from other apps that everyone uses.

and yes, i hate that bootscreen image too, are you willing to reflash your bootloader to change it though?
because it is part of the bootloader image.. if you are willing let me know.
though, if you have a ne2000 ethernet card and some software installed on your PC, you can mostly (not 100% sure right now) flash that part of the bootloader independently of the bootloader code (neat).
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-02 1:02 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

also... you can customize the rom image to include your webcam driver etc... check out romkitchen on my site.
 Top of the page
sztajmes Page Icon Posted 2008-01-04 9:25 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi
I thing I have problem
After installing V2 my 900C can not recognize nothing pluged in to USB port.
For example my Memorex pen drive or external HDD
Autosynch is OK, but for this I'm using mini USB port
Any suggestions ?
It is somehow related to disabled mouse cursor?
Finally I got my WaveLan Silver card to work installing drivers from
this forum.

regards

sztajmes

PS
What the latest version of Streets And Trips will work in V2 ?
 Top of the page
sztajmes Page Icon Posted 2008-01-04 9:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

One more thing.
Anyone know trick to get to work WPA preshared key (WPA Algoritms TKIP) in Wavelan Silver setup?
Somehow I can use my Wavelan only if my router have all security options disabled

regards
sztajmes
 Top of the page
sztajmes Page Icon Posted 2008-01-04 11:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Update
I got nervus
Hard reset and........ everything works fine hahahah
Except WPA preshared key (WPA Algoritms TKIP) in Wavelan Silver setup

sztajmes
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-05 1:31 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

sztajmes - 2008-01-05 3:25 AM

Hi
I thing I have problem
After installing V2 my 900C can not recognize nothing pluged in to USB port.
For example my Memorex pen drive or external HDD
Autosynch is OK, but for this I'm using mini USB port
Any suggestions ?
It is somehow related to disabled mouse cursor?
Finally I got my WaveLan Silver card to work installing drivers from
this forum.

i was going to suggest a hard reset but i see you already did that

as for the wavelan silver, did it not work out of the box or at least by giving the drivername? i'd really like to see which driver and what the pnpid is in the registry, can you 1) link to the driver 2) export the registry at HKLM/drivers/PCMCIA and attach the export to your post, thanks.

BTW the mouse cursor is nothing to do with USB functionality.
 Top of the page
sztajmes Page Icon Posted 2008-01-05 1:24 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi cmonex
Everything is working after hard reset.
I install no drivers yet, WaveLan is working on the driver from V2.
I'm getting connection with the network only if all the security protocols are disabled.
Any configuration using WPA,TKIP,PSK,WEP,Shared is not working

Wavelan is ecognized as WLAGS461
I belive it is ndis.dll
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\PCMCIA\Agere_Systems-Wireless_PC_Card_Model_0104-07CB]
"Miniport"="WLAGS46"
"Prefix"="NDS"
"Dll"="ndis.dll"

regards

sztajmes
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 9