x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

custom roms for 900c!

« Prev ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... Next »
seebeexee Page Icon Posted 2008-02-18 2:01 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2008-02-18 8:52 PM

but what's your problem with the skin

No, no... Don't get me wrong. I love the skin! I was just curious. I wasn't sure how integrated the skin was with the new ROM and I was just curious about skin options. No, I really like what you've done. Maybe I'll mess around with it a bit and see what happens... The PIN, however, would be excellent. I'm not too big of a fan of the "b" PIN programs.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-02-18 9:46 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well I don't like the skin....I'm a traditionalist! So there! I don't like white! So there too!

On the other hand, my personal customized ROM has no Pocketword, or Wordpad...I installed Textmaker in my ROM and I don't use Pocketexcel either...I had SpreadCE in my ROM. As a matter of fact, I don't even have solitaire on my 900C...but I do have KSE backgammon....again in ROM.

Isn't flashing these things the way you want fun!!!!

Rich

Edited by Rich Hawley 2008-02-18 9:50 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-19 4:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

seebeexee - 2008-02-18 8:01 AM

cmonex - 2008-02-18 8:52 PM

but what's your problem with the skin

No, no... Don't get me wrong. I love the skin! I was just curious. I wasn't sure how integrated the skin was with the new ROM and I was just curious about skin options. No, I really like what you've done. Maybe I'll mess around with it a bit and see what happens... The PIN, however, would be excellent. I'm not too big of a fan of the "b" PIN programs.

ah, no problem, i was just curious too.

so anyway the skin... it consists of three things

- first step is enabling full customization by replacing GWES with a better one (well, it just looks better, no new functions in it) and optionally commctrl.dll. also add a couple of small bmp's
- enable MUI in registry
- the rest is done by the .mui files in \Windows... open one of them in reshacker and you'll see how to change the skin

Edited by cmonex 2008-02-19 4:16 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-19 4:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2008-02-18 3:46 PM

On the other hand, my personal customized ROM has no Pocketword, or Wordpad...I installed Textmaker in my ROM and I don't use Pocketexcel either...I had SpreadCE in my ROM. As a matter of fact, I don't even have solitaire on my 900C...but I do have KSE backgammon....again in ROM.

Isn't flashing these things the way you want fun!!!!

Rich

ah i see you've learned all the romtools eh? your roms must be cool. how about registry, need help with that still?

do you feel like writing an easier tut on this?

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-19 4:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

anyway look at these cool RAM OS images. now you have a chance to load the custom rom without flashing it and see what it is like. it will NOT be flashed to rom, it will be retained after soft reset but will be lost after a hard reset. (you can of course reload it) it uses RAM instead of ROM so you'll have less available ram for programs but this is a nice way to play with stuff

the RAM OS image for custom rom.. it is the unbranded version prepared for kitchen, but the only differences are
- no background image
- no EVB
- no thesaurus app

here's the download: http://hpcmonex.net/nec900/files/releases/XIP_RAMOS_cmonexv2KITC.ZIP

usage:
- you have to have bootloader 4.10
- put XIP.BIN on cf card formatted fat16
- hard reset 900c and press and hold R and F keys while reinserting power to it (NOT C key!)
- it should say loading CE image or something like that
- wait a bit until it copies from cf card (there is a progress bar)
- then it boots and you're done

and thread on all this: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=11695&start=1

Edited by cmonex 2008-02-19 4:22 PM
 Top of the page
Maetrix66 Page Icon Posted 2008-02-19 4:40 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sorry to hijack this thread, but can someone point me to a screenshot of the cmonex ROM 2.0 running on a 900/900C? I've been looking for days, and finally gave up and am asking. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Maetrix66 2008-02-19 4:42 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-19 5:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Maetrix66 - 2008-02-19 10:40 PM

Sorry to hijack this thread, but can someone point me to a screenshot of the cmonex ROM 2.0 running on a 900/900C? I've been looking for days, and finally gave up and am asking. Thanks in advance.

here's one below

it shows less ram as it was made with it running as a RAM OS.. this was the first screenshot i found here

if it is flashed in rom, you have 62MB ram!

also, firmware info applet in control panel will show CMONEX v2.0, and the date, Oct 28 2007. the whole rom boots up to that date on hard reset.

actually this is a good idea i'll post some screenshots of the rom on my site

Edited by cmonex 2008-02-19 5:41 PM

(ScrSnap0011.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ScrSnap0011.jpg (34KB - 2 downloads)
 Top of the page
seebeexee Page Icon Posted 2008-02-19 8:15 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2008-02-20 2:17 PM

ah i see you've learned all the romtools eh? your roms must be cool. how about registry, need help with that still?

Yes, yes. Someone please write a tutorial (or even some basic instructions) about editing the ROMs (or direct me/us to an existing one) I'm sure there are many others that would love to know how.
 Top of the page
Maetrix66 Page Icon Posted 2008-02-19 11:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks.

I thought that the 2.0 ROM had a vista style theme?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-20 12:27 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

seebeexee - 2008-02-20 2:15 AM

cmonex - 2008-02-20 2:17 PM

Yes, yes. Someone please write a tutorial (or even some basic instructions) about editing the ROMs (or direct me/us to an existing one) I'm sure there are many others that would love to know how.

er...there has been one for a few months on my site. same page as custom rom download

i just asked Rich if he wanted to write one that was maybe easier to understand..

Maetrix66 - 2008-02-20 5:07 AM

Thanks.

I thought that the 2.0 ROM had a vista style theme?

so so. if you want full vista theme you can always make one (we've just been talking about the how to above)

Edited by cmonex 2008-02-20 12:28 AM
 Top of the page
Maetrix66 Page Icon Posted 2008-02-21 12:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Which themeing program is integrated into the ROM?

I understand that wisbar advance and gigabar are the two most common.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-21 2:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Maetrix66 - 2008-02-21 6:19 PM

Which themeing program is integrated into the ROM?

I understand that wisbar advance and gigabar are the two most common.

neither... as i said it's just MUI files and a nicer GWES.exe/commctrl.dll
 Top of the page
Maetrix66 Page Icon Posted 2008-02-21 2:49 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I've looked and looked, and cannot find where you already explained all this. I'm not a noob, but I could well be blind. Which page is it on in this thread??
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-02-21 7:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
tripper_11 Page Icon Posted 2008-02-27 11:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi All,

i dunno if this is the right thread to post this question. I tried the search function but it returns an error. anyway, i've been using the CMONEX v2 rom ever since i recently both my MP900c (as an upgrade to my aging 720), and I'm quite very much happy with the ROM (tnx to cmonex).

i'm not that technically inclined, but i was wondering how do i disable the pcmcia device (like my aircard 775) while still inserted in the device. i was specifically referring to the way the j720 would ask me whether to use the device on battery or not whenever I insert a pc card. I believe the same feature is on the original ce.net rom. how do i enable it in cmonex's rom? tnx
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.217 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 12