x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

custom roms for 900c!

« Prev ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 Next »
kitor Page Icon Posted 2008-04-27 11:55 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have other question - is it possible to move dll-s (coredll, aygshell, etc, etc.) to simpad's 4.2 ROM?

BTW: i'm waiting for reply at @
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-04-27 12:58 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

kitor - 2008-04-27 5:57 PM

I have other question - is it possible to move dll-s (coredll, aygshell, etc, etc.) to simpad's 4.2 ROM?

BTW: i'm waiting for reply at @

sorry, reply coming soon

you can move those dlls but you might have to rebase them, and that without a relocation table is not exactly trivial but it can be done

or you can also take the platform builder dlls, those have the reloc table. you just need to rebase then strip the reloc table

Edited by cmonex 2008-04-27 12:59 PM
 Top of the page
t0078543 Page Icon Posted 2008-04-27 1:54 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I have a problem that using TCPMP on Cmonex Version 2

The screen will shut down, and only hard reset can solve that, when you start to play a video

Edited by t0078543 2008-04-27 1:59 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-04-27 8:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you need to read more on this forum

this isnt a rom v2 problem, it is same on all nec roms

you need to enable the "no backlight keepalive" option in advanced settings of tcmp

but you can get out of it without hard reset - you can use cerdisp to access the 900c and then delete the incorrect registry entry tcpmp makes that causes the display driver to shut down the backlight

p.s. upcoming v3 release will certainly have this fixed.

Edited by cmonex 2008-04-27 8:55 PM
 Top of the page
t0078543 Page Icon Posted 2008-04-28 2:36 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks for your answer^^
http://www.badongo.com/file/9085028
This is GAPI_for_HPCs_v310,you may need on version 3

Edited by t0078543 2008-04-28 2:39 AM
 Top of the page
theoak Page Icon Posted 2008-05-27 2:20 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Just wondering, how's version 3 coming? (I have moved in the last couple months, endured tax season, and have been trying to keep up with hpcfactor too.) What is the list of improvements so far? I've read the 83 pages, and my head is spinning now. Plus other threads mention features that may be included. My guess is that you (Cmonex) have a nice little text file summary of the proposed improvements that would save us reading this really long post for a list of new features. A few that I remember are: the print dialog in Office working, software "on/off switch" for PCMCIA WIFI, the "don't check for battery" improvement in the boot loader, faster shell, vista theme, HPC2000 PIMs, backlight driver from HPC2000, and persistent registry and storage. What did I leave out?

Do you need a beta tester?

Version 2 is so close to perfect, and has made my NEC 900C a device that will likely never be sold. An absolutely perfect ROM is certainly a noble goal.

Let me know if I can help.
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2008-05-29 6:06 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Since Cmonex is perfecting the ROM, I can't help but wonder if a WM2003-like ROM or RAM OS is possible. If so, full Vista sync is an obvious benefit. I know she is trying to make a dual boot in CE and Linux. A dual boot in CE and WM might also be useful.
 Top of the page
macminer Page Icon Posted 2008-06-03 10:38 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I come back to the Resco Photo Viewer issue. It bothers me from time to time and I really hate do do the hard reset (CE remote display doesn't help when I can't see how to run it!, because the screen is blank...).

However, I found another solution which doesn't require hard reset. This is a remote registry tool: http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/

Even if you don't need it to cure the blanked screen problem, it may be quite useful in many other situations. Maybe it has been mentioned on this forum before, but I couldn't find anything about it. What it does is:
- connect to the registry on any Win CE device connected via Activesync
- edit the registry remotely
- backup the registry
- and a lot of other tools...

Obviously, with Resco, the trick is to edit the HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight keys which have been changed by Photo Viewer - in my case it is always the ACTimeout and BatteryTimeout keys (I change them to the value of "0".
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-06-04 3:10 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

theoak - 2008-05-27 8:20 PM

Just wondering, how's version 3 coming? (I have moved in the last couple months, endured tax season, and have been trying to keep up with hpcfactor too.) What is the list of improvements so far? I've read the 83 pages, and my head is spinning now. Plus other threads mention features that may be included. My guess is that you (Cmonex) have a nice little text file summary of the proposed improvements that would save us reading this really long post for a list of new features. A few that I remember are: the print dialog in Office working, software "on/off switch" for PCMCIA WIFI, the "don't check for battery" improvement in the boot loader, faster shell, vista theme, HPC2000 PIMs, backlight driver from HPC2000, and persistent registry and storage. What did I leave out?

Do you need a beta tester?

Version 2 is so close to perfect, and has made my NEC 900C a device that will likely never be sold. An absolutely perfect ROM is certainly a noble goal.

Let me know if I can help.

lol, 83 pages, yeah

your summary is good, there's a few more ideas, but the final list (in the changelog) will come with the final rom, of course

i'll need beta tester, yes, will let you know soon.

some update to everyone: i haven't worked on the 900c roms lately, bsquare phh and other things took the time but now it is more priority again
though I wish I wasn't alone with this, if i want to make a rom for bsquare too (and participate in development for other devices too, see xda-devs), that'll take some of my available time too
for this very reason, i'm also working on a new program that will make CE rom editing a lot easier. xipport is nice (well, much nicer than dumpromx) but isn't perfectly suited for CE rom editing especially if you consider module porting (missing reloc tables there!). also the toolchain to make flashable image isn't very user friendly, that will also be incorporated in the new program. but this whole job of course takes time too
anyway, hopefully all this works out in the near future
but don't let me down and do use my program please if you need some extras in the base custom or customizations that only fit you and not other people rom

CAuser - 2008-05-30 12:06 AM

Since Cmonex is perfecting the ROM, I can't help but wonder if a WM2003-like ROM or RAM OS is possible. If so, full Vista sync is an obvious benefit. I know she is trying to make a dual boot in CE and Linux. A dual boot in CE and WM might also be useful.

yeah, I have a beta WM2003SE shell package here. TFGBD made that one, he's the wince shell guru... however he disappeared, so to bring this package up to non beta level, I need to continue the work - perhaps someone who has a WM2003SE PPC (I do, btw) could help me. or at least someone who knows what pocketpc's are like generally.
another possibility: just bin the beta package and simply port the 900c to WM2003SE, this is certainly quite possible but not as an installable CAB like the TFGBD package is.
and yes, that port will need the new rom tool I'm writing that will integrate module (with missing reloc table) porting with rom making/editing.
well, obviously you can make the port without this, but after the program is ready, it will be much faster/easier to do and another big advantage: more people other than me can do it.

Edited by cmonex 2008-06-04 3:19 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-06-04 3:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

macminer - 2008-06-04 4:38 AM

I come back to the Resco Photo Viewer issue. It bothers me from time to time and I really hate do do the hard reset (CE remote display doesn't help when I can't see how to run it!, because the screen is blank...).

oh, yeah, if you love resco viewer that much, I can write a small app that runs on every startup and if the registry has the wrong values, it changes the values back... though I have a better fix in mind for the rom v3, but this app would already help, just of course you need to reinstall it on hard reset
so let me know if this sounds useful to you.

other than that, you can run cerdisp just fine, if memory serves right all you need to do is run the exe on the PC via activesync. if i'm wrong, it is not too hard still, copy it over activesync to device root then press win+e on the 900c then press c - if the exe is named cerdisp, and it's the first thing named with the letter c, explorer will put the cursor on it, then just press enter

i dont remember how I was able to run it when I was checking out what causes the backlight issue. but I certainly did not need to do a hard reset to recover the backlight

Edited by cmonex 2008-06-04 3:35 PM
 Top of the page
macminer Page Icon Posted 2008-06-04 9:04 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

other than that, you can run cerdisp just fine, if memory serves right all you need to do is run the exe on the PC via activesync. if i'm wrong, it is not too hard still, copy it over activesync to device root then press win+e on the 900c then press c - if the exe is named cerdisp, and it's the first thing named with the letter c, explorer will put the cursor on it, then just press enter

I can see we are thinking along similar lines

Actually I thought about another solution (before I found the remote registry tool): make a small .reg file with a unique first letter (eg. "B" and put it in the root folder. By pressing Win-E, then "B", I can import the registry and thus rescue my NEC.

The contents of this file could be:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight] "BatteryTimeout"=dword:0000005A "ACTimeout"=dword:00000000 "Intensity"=dword:00000064 "OldACTimeout"=dword:00000258 "UseExt"=dword:00000000 "UseBattery"=dword:00000001 "ACBacklightOnTap"=dword:00000001 "BacklightOnTap"=dword:00000001 "LCDCoverSuspendDeviceBatCF"=dword:00000000 "LCDCoverSuspendDeviceBat"=dword:00000000 "OldBatteryTimeout"=dword:0000012C "LCDCoverSuspendDeviceAcCF"=dword:00000000 "LCDCoverSuspendDeviceAc"=dword:00000000 "ACSuspend"=dword:00000020 "AdvancedCPL"="AdvBacklight" "BatteryDimTimeout"=dword:00000000 "ACDimTimeout"=dword:00000000

BTW, I found another application which causes exactly the same problem as Resco Viewer - it is TomTom Navigator 6. The bug is rather difficult to reproduce - it only happens when you search for a street name and only with some names.
I don't think I am going to use TT Navigator (just tried how it works, but it is not too convincing for me), but Resco Viewer is a must. It is so much faster than the MS Viewer and also it can render scanned text pages so much better (when you enable "Use best quality shrink" that I wouldn't even think of replacing it with any other app.
In fact, I had bought PQV viewer years ago for my Simpad and while it works well with multipage TIFFs, it is not as useful with colour JPEGs. Here Resco Viewer is much better. I wonder if anyone still remembers the PQV viewer - www.bitbanksoftware.com/PQV.html - it doesn't seem too popular (actually hardly anyone mentions it on any HPC/PocketPC forums).
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-06-04 9:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2008-06-04 12:10 PM
TFGBD made that one, he's the wince shell guru... however he disappeared, so to bring this package up to non beta level, I need to continue the work - perhaps someone who has a WM2003SE PPC (I do, btw) could help me. or at least someone who knows what pocketpc's are like generally.

TFGBD disappeared? Any chance we'll hear from him again? (Besides you, he's like my biggest hero among hackers.)
 Top of the page
theoak Page Icon Posted 2008-06-04 11:32 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2008-06-04 3:10 PM

yeah, I have a beta WM2003SE shell package here. TFGBD made that one, he's the wince shell guru... however he disappeared, so to bring this package up to non beta level, I need to continue the work - perhaps someone who has a WM2003SE PPC (I do, btw) could help me. or at least someone who knows what pocketpc's are like generally.

My husband has a Dell Axim X30 w/ A06 (Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition) ROM on it. If help needed does not involve flashing (or otherwise damaging) his ROM, I can use his PPC to test the shell package.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-06-05 9:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

theoak - 2008-06-05 5:32 AM

My husband has a Dell Axim X30 w/ A06 (Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition) ROM on it. If help needed does not involve flashing (or otherwise damaging) his ROM, I can use his PPC to test the shell package.

ah, so now I can be sure you're female.

no, no need to touch the rom, will let you know when I resume work on this project, thanks.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-06-05 9:02 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2008-06-05 3:14 AM

TFGBD disappeared? Any chance we'll hear from him again? (Besides you, he's like my biggest hero among hackers.)

he's just increasingly hard to get hold of these days - busy life I'm told

macminer - 2008-06-05 3:04 AM
Actually I thought about another solution (before I found the remote registry tool): make a small .reg file with a unique first letter (eg. "B" and put it in the root folder. By pressing Win-E, then "B", I can import the registry and thus rescue my NEC.

In fact, I had bought PQV viewer years ago for my Simpad and while it works well with multipage TIFFs, it is not as useful with colour JPEGs. Here Resco Viewer is much better. I wonder if anyone still remembers the PQV viewer - www.bitbanksoftware.com/PQV.html - it doesn't seem too popular (actually hardly anyone mentions it on any HPC/PocketPC forums).

um, well, assuming you associated .reg files to TRE previously. wince by default doesn't have .reg association
anyway, do you want me to do this app for you?

as for PQV, I admire its author, he has a neat blog on ARM assembly stuff. shame he doesn't update the blog that often.
I never tried the software itself because I'm happy enough with the default MS imageviewer. but been meaning to, just out of curiousity does it still have a hpc version?
btw did you ever look at mangameeya? quite fast I hear
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 12