x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

custom roms for 900c!

« Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... Next »
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 7:28 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex - 2007-04-16 8:06 PM

macmee: yes it does have the linksys still. i can remove it but i think too many people use it.

oldkr: drop me an email - contactchan at freemail.hu

Nelson: have fun

Thanks

If I install this, and it doesn't turn on, is it fixable?
(I haven't tried it yet, just wondering..)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 7:32 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

if you don't update the bootloader then there is no reason why it wouldn't turn on!

so do this: copy update.exe, UPDBL.NB0, and this XIP.BIN to a cf card and run update.exe i doubt any of the other files are needed
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 7:37 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex - 2007-04-16 8:32 PM

if you don't update the bootloader then there is no reason why it wouldn't turn on!

so do this: copy update.exe, UPDBL.NB0, and this XIP.BIN to a cf card and run update.exe i doubt any of the other files are needed

But I have the right bootloader.
Its just- You tested it and it works. But what if something goes wrong and for some reason the files copied wrong, or got corrupted, could it damage my mobilepro? If it couldn't turn on anymore. Would I be able to fix it?
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 7:39 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Congratulations Cmonex!!!

Just a question: can I downgrade to hpc 2000 after I upgrade with your custom rom?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 7:48 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Dan: of course you can! there are NO limitations on flashing. (except a small one i removed in the updater which i will upload later but this doesnt affect downgrade or upgrade abilities)

macmee: the bootloader should refuse to flash bootloader areas. so i don't see a problem here. if the flash is wrong in any other way first time, just reflash - in this case since the OS doesnt boot, you must use the C+F keys method.

of course usual disclaimer applies.

oh and mentioning C+F keys method, i'll again warn, you must not use it with the 4.1.5-6 bootloader.

Edited by cmonex 2007-04-16 7:50 PM
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 7:57 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex - 2007-04-16 8:48 PM

Dan: of course you can! there are NO limitations on flashing. (except a small one i removed in the updater which i will upload later but this doesnt affect downgrade or upgrade abilities)

macmee: the bootloader should refuse to flash bootloader areas. so i don't see a problem here. if the flash is wrong in any other way first time, just reflash - in this case since the OS doesnt boot, you must use the C+F keys method.

of course usual disclaimer applies.

oh and mentioning C+F keys method, i'll again warn, you must not use it with the 4.1.5-6 bootloader.

When you say disclaimer so you aren't help liable for any damage caused?
(Well.. Duh!)

C + F? So if your device wont boot what will this do?

(I have bootloader 4.10 and this comes with msn and my linksys driver. So I just want to make sure there is no risk at all before I flash)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 7:58 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Cute name for the new site.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 8:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

of course i cant be liable for anything. i will help with anything i can though. but as said this is the usual disclaimer. i'd not worry about flashing it. just make sure you format the card and don't copy SABOOT.NB0
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 8:22 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh and about C+F:

i will copy the desc here, you can use this too to flash my custom rom image if you dont like update.exe or something. BUT DO NOT USE THIS WITH ANY BOOTLOADER OTHER THAN 4.10. you've been warned!

1. format (fully) a CF card that is at least 64 MB. use FAT16 (xp just calls that FAT)!
2. you must format the card even if it was already FAT16!
3. copy XIP.BIN to card.
4. hard reset 900c by removing all power (main battery, backup battery, ac adapter)
5. before reinserting main battery (do not touch backup battery yet!) or ac adapter (easier), press and hold C and F keys on the 900c.
6. give power to the 900c while still holding the keys until the 900c switchs on - on its own! no need to press the power key. if it doesn't switch on within 5 secs, release the keys and it will turn on then (again on its own).
7. it should tell you that it is searching for bootloader update. of course it won't find this file so it will continue searching for OS update, which should be found on the card. it will flash it in automatically.
8. when the process is completed, it should boot the OS automatically. eject card, don't forget to reformat it again!
that's all!

Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 8:26 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

SO even if it doesn't boot I can flash using built in programming from nec?

also, what is SABOOT.NB0? I'm not sure where it is?
 Top of the page
NelsonTheUnholy Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 8:50 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

really really nice nice nice. Hey do you know how to remove the pointer???
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 8:51 PM
#
H/PC Elite

just finishied upgrading.....I have no words..IT IS WONDERFUL!!!
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 8:58 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

NelsonTheUnholy - 2007-04-16 9:50 PM

really really nice nice nice. Hey do you know how to remove the pointer???

I believe that in the theme provided you are unable to get rid of the cursor from meing displaid on the screen.

There is a fix for this, it replaces the cursor with a totally transparrent one, the only setback is if you ever wanted to use a mouse with your device, you will be unable to see it.

- David
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 9:14 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Great! Your new site works much better. Thanks for your hard work.

Edited by CAuser 2007-04-16 9:15 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 9:49 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh yes i forgot that the mouse pointer is always there, the original image had it only occasionally. i can upload a file that makes the pointer disappear.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 11