x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

custom roms for 900c!

« Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... Next »
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 9:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

macmee - 2007-04-17 2:26 AM

SO even if it doesn't boot I can flash using built in programming from nec?

also, what is SABOOT.NB0? I'm not sure where it is?

yes you can as long as the bootloader itself boots.

saboot is the bootloader image provided with the update kit.

Edited by cmonex 2007-04-16 9:53 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 11:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

some more info: someone was scared seeing the bootloader update messages on the screen.

your bootloader is NOT being updated unless it does not say "boot loader not found", instead says "saboot.nb0 found" or something like that, i forget.
the actual bootloader flash takes 8 seconds or so.

update.exe will always ask you to hard reset.

C+F keys method will auto boot the OS if you didn't update bootloader, otherwise it asks you to hard reset.
 Top of the page
AdmOd
AdmOd Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 1:19 AM
#
O.o!
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 5:28 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I'm having a problem with the mouse, the arrow can't go to the lower part of the display (..for example I can't click on START). Does anybody else experienced this? (maybe I could try an other mouse)

Cmonex, could you include usbclik driver on next rom version?
Thanks!

Edited by Dan 2007-04-17 5:31 AM
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 6:05 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex - 2007-04-17 12:01 AM

some more info: someone was scared seeing the bootloader update messages on the screen.

your bootloader is NOT being updated unless it does not say "boot loader not found", instead says "saboot.nb0 found" or something like that, i forget.
the actual bootloader flash takes 8 seconds or so.

update.exe will always ask you to hard reset.

C+F keys method will auto boot the OS if you didn't update bootloader, otherwise it asks you to hard reset.

Oooh this is looking very nice and safe

But if we don't copy saboot.nb0 from the download onto the cf card, why is it included in the download?
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 6:36 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I downloaded the upgrade, it didn't come with anything except XIP.BIN

So it looks like I'll be upgrading via c+f
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 7:01 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

WOA! IT WORKS GREAT! No complaints at all!

I thought this version came with msn though?

Oh, found it

Edited by macmee 2007-04-17 7:03 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 7:02 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

macmee: it means you deleted update.exe from the previous updatekit?

saboot is included in that previous kit that everyone must use to upgrade to bootloader 4.10. however one flash of the bootloader is enough.

Dan: i'll check this now. i didn't try using my usb mice with this rom except seeing if they function at all. usbclik will be included just wasn't sure it doesn't break functionality of the default usb drivers. Shadowmaster confirmed it doesn't. (we couldn't prove though that it improves functionality. maybe.)
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 7:05 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Well thanks Monica this is great, and I love the theme!

MSN Doesn't work, but it never has for me.

THIS ROCKS!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 7:08 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK i tested it on two 900c's. both have the same custom gwes.exe and commctrl.dll but the gwes muis for them are different (don't know yet if that matters). no other system files are changed. and, the older version (not released, just beta testing) works perfectly. oh, this reminds me of the pic i posted in the first post of this thread that has the default luna xp skin, on that rom this worked fine too.

so, the point is that on the released version it exhibits the same problems you mention! i will look into this later, maybe gwes mui issue (shot in the dark! not much more is different in the roms that might affect system files). but need to go now.

Edited by cmonex 2007-04-17 7:09 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 7:11 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

macmee: glad you like it.

sadly i dont know yet what's up with your msn, it usually works fine for me. however, msn servers do suck
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 7:22 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

update: i couldn't help (too curious) and gave this problem 5 mins - yes problem is with one of the mui's. will provide a fix later. really need to go now
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 8:14 AM
#
H/PC Elite

cmonex - 2007-04-17 1:02 PM

Dan: i'll check this now. i didn't try using my usb mice with this rom except seeing if they function at all. usbclik will be included just wasn't sure it doesn't break functionality of the default usb drivers. Shadowmaster confirmed it doesn't. (we couldn't prove though that it improves functionality. maybe.)

Yes it improves functionality!
Without the usbclik driver my (fake) Ipod cannot be recognized by the original usb driver!
 Top of the page
theoak Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 11:40 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Beautiful!! Love the skin. Flash 7 already in there (woot!). Feels faster, more responsive. Had to delete and recreate the partnership with ActiveSync (no biggie). But then it synced fine. Imported all my contacts. Very nice to already have the prism drivers in there. Set up wifi (Netgear MA401) in less than a minute. All hardware shortcut keys work fine. After soft reset, I could use my Corsair Voyager USB drive. Still doesn't see my Lexar Jumpdrive (but the official rom didn't either). Voice recorder works. Headphone jacks and speaker works. CF slot sees my 4 GB Adata card. Was able to record a voice message. This is the first time I have tried Total Commander ...WOW! MSN Messenger works using Rich's setup instructions from another thread:

Rich Hawley - 2007-04-14 2:04 PM

When you first boot up the program, on the same page where you enter your email address, uncheck the box that says "Use this program to talk to my microsoft communication service contacts"

Or, after the program is up and running, click on Options, and on the accounts tab, make sure that the "communication service account" is not checked, but that the NET passport account is checked. Also make sure on that same tab that the box for "my contacts include users of a cummunication service" is not checked.

Rich

So far the ONLY flaw I can see (so far) is that, like Dan, my mouse works, but the vertical calibration is off by about the thickness of the taskbar. If you click about that far above an icon or button, it will work. Is there a registry setting to adjust this?
 Top of the page
hpcnut.co.uk Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 1:18 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I decided to take the plunge and install the rom and it went without a hitch. The only problem is adding shortcuts to the desktop. I normally re-name the shortcut file without the "shortcut to..." but this seems to invalidate the file and the shortcut displays as an unknown file type...Hardly a huge problem,
Anyway, Well done cmonex, this is a fantastic rom!
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 10