x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

custom roms for 900c!

« Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... Next »
diveleader
diveleader Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 2:12 PM
#
cmonex - 2007-04-17 1:22 AM

oh and about C+F:

i will copy the desc here, you can use this too to flash my custom rom image if you dont like update.exe or something. BUT DO NOT USE THIS WITH ANY BOOTLOADER OTHER THAN 4.10. you've been warned!

1. format (fully) a CF card that is at least 64 MB. use FAT16 (xp just calls that FAT)!
2. you must format the card even if it was already FAT16!
3. copy XIP.BIN to card.
4. hard reset 900c by removing all power (main battery, backup battery, ac adapter)
5. before reinserting main battery (do not touch backup battery yet!) or ac adapter (easier), press and hold C and F keys on the 900c.
6. give power to the 900c while still holding the keys until the 900c switchs on - on its own! no need to press the power key. if it doesn't switch on within 5 secs, release the keys and it will turn on then (again on its own).
7. it should tell you that it is searching for bootloader update. of course it won't find this file so it will continue searching for OS update, which should be found on the card. it will flash it in automatically.
8. when the process is completed, it should boot the OS automatically. eject card, don't forget to reformat it again!
that's all!

Great work!

am I missing somthing, everything seemed to work OK but my screen i just stopped at 'Programming OS complete'.
I have tried a reset, which resulted in just the mobile pro splash screen.
do I have to leave it for a long time??

Edited by diveleader 2007-04-17 2:12 PM
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 2:16 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

FANTASTIC WORK!
It's an honor to see winwatch included soooo cool.
It works like a charm. Just Perfect.
(BTW, the problem with the hp49 emulator was solved. I left the unit ON even when it was kinda freezed. It took a lot of time to init but it did until finally loaded. then I changed some options, activated auto-save and then it loads the last state always)
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 2:20 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex - 2007-04-17 8:11 AM

macmee: glad you like it.

sadly i dont know yet what's up with your msn, it usually works fine for me. however, msn servers do suck

Well.. MSN Is a set back, but I'm sure there's a way to fix it.
THIS THREAD SHOULD SERIOUSLY BE STICKEYD!

I changed the sound setting on my device to make sounds when I tap the screen. It was working very nice but then I soft reset my device, now, the box for my system to make sounds with taps is on, but it isn't making them? I tested sound and it wokred though.

I don't know what people are saying about the mouse not going away, for me, it appears occasionly when I tap the screen. Bt allways disappears in a few seconds.

I've also tested a thumb drive, which worked perfectly. As did my USB HUB. However, I ran into some trouble with my mouse, Like someone else has said. I am uable to move the mouse beyond the top of my startbutton.

A USB to PS/2 converter, with a standard IBM keyboard hooked up works just dandy.

I didn't care to sync it yet because I can't be botherd. I never use the sync feature on my system.

Anyway, thats just my $0.02 on how much this operating system KILLS all the other ones. Its, well, GREAT!

Oh, and is there a spell checker for this? I really need one.

- David

Edited by macmee 2007-04-17 2:24 PM
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 3:45 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

hpcnut.co.uk - 2007-04-17 2:18 PM

I decided to take the plunge and install the rom and it went without a hitch. The only problem is adding shortcuts to the desktop. I normally re-name the shortcut file without the "shortcut to..." but this seems to invalidate the file and the shortcut displays as an unknown file type...Hardly a huge problem,
Anyway, Well done cmonex, this is a fantastic rom!

Easy Just go to folder options and make sure "display file extentions" is not checked off.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 3:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Or, alternatively, type in ".lnk" (LNK) after the name if it is checked.

Edited by CE Geek 2007-04-17 3:48 PM
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 3:47 PM
#
H/PC Elite

macmee - 2007-04-16 8:20 PM

I changed the sound setting on my device to make sounds when I tap the screen. It was working very nice but then I soft reset my device, now, the box for my system to make sounds with taps is on, but it isn't making them? I tested sound and it wokred though.

I don't have a NEC 900c, but I can tell you that I have similar problems with a custom GWES.exe (RAM based) on my Mio 268: I don't get any sounds when tapping the screen.

I don't know what people are saying about the mouse not going away, for me, it appears occasionly when I tap the screen. Bt allways disappears in a few seconds.

I think I have found a solution to solve this mouse cursor problem: I sent Cmonex a PM with my suggestions. I am just waiting for her feedback, as I can't test it on my Mio (there is no way to attach an external mouse). Basically, the idea is to make the cursor resource in Gwes.exe transparent, and to use a special mouse driver for USB mice (not the default Kbdmouse.dll).
 Top of the page
theoak Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 3:58 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

VGA out works.

One thing I have come across though. I can't get TCPMP to work without messing up the display control. I have installed both the core player and geared2003's customized one. Display settings get messed up. The player will blank the screen at about 30 seconds no matter what I set any of the power or display settings to. (I've fooled with the settings in Display, MobilePro Settings, Power, and SmallTweak control panels.) If I plug the A/C in, then the screen goes blank, and pushing the screen bright key, or any other key does nothing. As soon as I unplug the A/C, the screen bright key works again. Soft resets don't help, but uninstalling TCPMP makes everything go back to normal.

I'm not sure if the problem is with TCPMP, this rom, or (nah, it can't be) me.
 Top of the page
shawn99452 Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 4:01 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'd like to try this custom firmware, but it looks like I need some files I don't have... the ROM package on the website consists of only the XIP.BIN, which I assume is the new ROM image.

I'd need a flasher, which I'm going to assume is this thing called "update.exe" that everyone but me seems to know about. I don't have this file, does anyone know anywhere on the internet that I could get it, or could it be sent to me?

I also think I might have to update my bootloader. A lot of the posts in this forum seem to indicate I need version "4.10". My bootloader, according to NEC Firmware Information, in Control Panel, is 4.5.1-6. So, I'll probably need to change that too I guess. My current firmware version is P530_42 1.8.5.
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 4:04 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Geared2003 - 2007-04-17 4:47 PM

I don't have a NEC 900c, but I can tell you that I have similar problems with a custom GWES.exe (RAM based) on my Mio 268: I don't get any sounds when tapping the screen.

I think I have found a solution to solve this mouse cursor problem: I sent Cmonex a PM with my suggestions. I am just waiting for her feedback, as I can't test it on my Mio (there is no way to attach an external mouse). Basically, the idea is to make the cursor resource in Gwes.exe transparent, and to use a special mouse driver for USB mice (not the default Kbdmouse.dll).

So in the custom driver, it would tell the mouse to look for the cursor elsewhere?

CE Geek - 2007-04-17 4:47 PM

Or, alternatively, type in ".lnk" (LNK) after the name if it is checked.

I tried that, and it didn't work?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 4:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey people

i'll try to answer everything

first i already told some things that answer some questions but no problem..

about the mouse, i will have the fix ready soon. so no worries!

diveleader:

did it manage to boot the OS since then? let me know if not. this is important. anyway, try soft and hard resetting, if it once manages to boot then hopefully it will work from then on.
when it tries to boot the OS, does the battery led blink and the screen become brighter ?
and one more question, did you have bootloader 4.10 before???

ShadowMaster: hehehe about winwatch glad to hear the hp thing works, i was about to try and test it, you saved me some time

macmee: i wish i had an idea about msn. do you have a router? ok that should be no problem. is your wlan connection stable? is your internet connection fast and stable?
about the sounds i already mentioned them after the changelog, and Geared2003 explains it as well.
maybe i'll try building another gwes.exe that will work. so there should be a solution for this in the end.
abotu the mouse, yes i got confused too it (cursor) is not there for me now either. the original rom sometimes has this too.
i did not tweak usb, but i will include the clik stuff and it'll be improved then
spellchecker: well my plans include getting the hpc2000 spellchecker working for pocket word.

theoak: thanks for the detailed feedback. it really helps.
as for tcpmp, did you tick the no backlight keepalive? common problem with tcpmp, should not be anything to do with the rom. did you use tcpmp before?

shawn99452: you're absolutely right there. i will make the updater public soon (i couldn't before), until then please send me an email - contactchan at freemail.hu and YES you must update your bootloader!

hpcnut.co.uk and macmee: can you go into \windows\desktop folder and check there if your shortcuts are all right? they should end in a .lnk. that should be all the trick. (use any of the included file managers or even windows explorer, i set it to show everything )

overall.. glad you all like the rom! i will improve on it, fix the bugs, so don't be afraid of reporting them, and will put more stuff in. read the changelog stuff on 8th page of this thread to see what's planned

Edited by cmonex 2007-04-17 4:22 PM
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 4:23 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex - 2007-04-17 5:15 PM

hey people

i'll try to answer everything

first i already told some things that answer some questions but no problem..

about the mouse, i will have the fix ready soon. so no worries!

diveleader:

did it manage to boot since then? let me know if not. this is important. anyway, try soft and hard resetting, if it once manages to boot then hopefully it will work from then on.

ShadowMaster: hehehe about winwatch glad to hear the hp thing works, i was about to try and test it, you saved me some time

macmee: i wish i had an idea about msn. do you have a router? ok that should be no problem. is your wlan connection stable? is your internet connection fast and stable?
about the sounds i already mentioned them after the changelog, and Geared2003 explains it as well.
maybe i'll try building another gwes.exe that will work. so there should be a solution for this in the end.
abotu the mouse, yes i got confused too it (cursor) is not there for me now either. the original rom sometimes has this too.
i did not tweak usb, but i will include the clik stuff and it'll be improved then
spellchecker: well my plans include getting the hpc2000 spellchecker working for pocket word.

as for tcpmp, did you tick the no backlight keepalive? common problem with tcpmp, should not be anything to do with the rom. did you use tcpmp before?

shawn99452: you're absolutely right there. i will make the updater public soon (i couldn't before), until then please send me an email - contactchan at freemail.hu and YES you must update your bootloader!

hpcnut.co.uk and macmee: can you go into \windows\desktop folder and check there if your shortcuts are all right? they should end in a .lnk. that should be all the trick. (use any of the included file managers or even windows explorer, i set it to show everything )

overall.. glad you all like the rom! i will improve on it, fix the bugs, so don't be afraid of reporting them, and will put more stuff in. read the changelog stuff on 8th page of this thread to see what's planned

Woa, great responce..

I am connected to a fast, stable wireless accesspoint and a good router. Microsoft Portrait also works. But MSN Doesn't?
 Top of the page
theoak Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 5:35 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2007-04-17 4:15 PM

I used TCPMP before with no problems, but I did not have gapi installed.

I tried ticking and unticking no backlight keepalive. I suspect it is a setting I'm overlooking, or maybe an incompatibility.
 Top of the page
oldkr Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 7:01 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

cmonex you are a treasure! was quick and painless even for a super-newbie like me!! i gnarled up the end of my stylus trying to remove the backup battery, that was about the worst part!!

I also notice that the mouse pointer goes away after a time. Everything seems to be functioning well! am digging some of the new software! It found my orinoco silver without trouble and my thumb drive, my activesync thang had to remake the connection but that went off with no trouble at all.

I wish I could say more... but I just stick to what I know!

here's the best part for me - lol cue for all to commence laughter - I dig the way it looks!

thanks cmonex!!!

Top of the page
theoak Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 7:06 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Well after uninstalling TCPMP (both versions) removing the software entries for them in the registry, and re-installing Geared2003's TCPMP and doing a soft reset, it works flawlessly!! I now have a checkmark in the box that says "No backlight keepalive for video", as cmonex suggested. (I tried this before too.) I suppose the first 2 installs were somehow mangled. Anyway it is now working great!!

My 56K modem doesn't work, but I think it is a hardware problem. It didn't work with the official 4.2 rom either. It can't detect a dial tone. Maybe someone who has a working modem can test this and report back here.

If the calibration for the mouse is fixed, then this rom appears perfect to me.
 Top of the page
oldkr Page Icon Posted 2007-04-17 7:12 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

oh its Keith's dumb question of the day time!

what is the file marked "desktop" on my desktop?

-k
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.386 - Cached queries : 48 - Executed queries : 33