x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

custom roms for 900c!

« Prev ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... Next »
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-10-29 11:16 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

rbsfou - 2007-10-29 2:20 PM

Great Job

glad you all like it

Very pleased with it, all sorts of minor niggles have been worked out

that was an important aim for me

• Could you associate txt and ini files with pnotepad?

• Could you put Soundwidget in the Startup?

• When you do the package for the Internal Disk, will it have shortcuts and file associations by default in the rom? Maybe we could have a vote - i for one don't mind treating my Internal Disk as part of the OS image - that way we could get things like the GAPI demos back

• Speaking of GAPI, could you pre-set "Activate Framebuffer Cache"?=

• Could you put PocketPuTTY and DotNetVNC into the package? (I'm guessing it won't fit into the ROM)

- actually i tried to set ini association for pnotepad, but for some reason pnotepad complained when it opened after clicking an ini file. did not have time to debug the issue. does it work for you? how?
- soundwidget, not sure, how many people would like this ? i'm asking
- package: good idea. no need for voting, i can make two images, one ready for the package and one not, for those users who prefer to fill their userdisk with their own stuff.
- oh, i'm not too familiar with GAPI (basically never use it), is this Activate Framebuffer Cache useful for many programs? or does it make the displaying faster?
- putty/vnc yes, that would work. no, they won't fit in the OS image itself, though right now i don't know the file size of that vnc app.

Also, when you click the "Web" button in Media Player it opens IE not ftx - is this because it is harcoded to do so or is the http: protocol still set to IE? I don't really use Media Player, just been going through all the programs...

did not look into that but i can try
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-10-29 11:22 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

to ALL: also, please report if you like the included apps - there are some that are not so well known (at least by me) but were recommended by several users here so i put them in i'd like feedback on them
 Top of the page
VinVin Page Icon Posted 2007-10-29 1:11 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Can't want to get back home, in Hawaii for the next two weeks, to download and install v 2.0.
Great job, thanks to all.
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-10-29 1:59 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Very nice job, Cmonex.
However, there is a small problem in the skin theme:
you didn't pack the commctrl.dll.0409.mui that I sent you yesterday: this one was not made by me, and does not match my original skin theme. That is certainly no big deal, and does not affect functionality, but your file does not enable flat style buttons ( like the ones on my screenshot).

I attach a fix which restores my original skin and adds the specific V2 color theme ( commctrl.dll uses an internal bitmap resource for buttons, so the color theme must match the bitmap color used in the dll, otherwise it looks weird).

Edited by Geared2003 2007-10-29 2:01 PM

(Skin Fix.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Skin Fix.jpg (38KB - 10 downloads)
Attachments V2 Skin Fix.cab (51KB - 24 downloads)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-10-29 2:02 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Now that's devotion to the H/PC - wanting to leave Hawaii do install a custom ROM on the 900C.
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2007-10-29 2:52 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Just flashed..congratulation for the great job!

BTW I was wondering if you could disable the "Tile image on the background" and make the wallpaper (wich is pretty nice indeed) fit the screen.

Edited by Dan 2007-10-29 3:00 PM
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-10-29 3:27 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

AWSOME!! I especially like the skin!
GREAT work cmonex
Thanks SO much
Ben
 Top of the page
nickel3 Page Icon Posted 2007-10-29 3:57 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi cmonex,

installation had some problems due to Transcend 256 MB CF card. Used a no name Card imsted. Everything is installed well. You have done a good job on custom rom. I shall try next the use of my Linksys WLan WCF54G with driver installation. Feedback on next weekend.

regards from Germany

nickel3
 Top of the page
kitor Page Icon Posted 2007-10-29 4:49 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Very good job Cmonex! IT'S COOL

BTW: I installed it from 1gb no name cf card without problems. I did everyting (download files, format card to fat16, uncompress files) on my nec (i burned my computer yesterday)

Edited by kitor 2007-10-29 4:50 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-10-29 4:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Dan - 2007-10-29 8:52 PM

Just flashed..congratulation for the great job!

BTW I was wondering if you could disable the "Tile image on the background" and make the wallpaper (wich is pretty nice indeed) fit the screen.

well, as soon as i figure out why the system won't accept the full sized background compessed. (it will not fit uncompressed) but i actually like the tiled version more

Geared2003 - 2007-10-29 7:59 PM

Very nice job, Cmonex.
However, there is a small problem in the skin theme:
you didn't pack the commctrl.dll.0409.mui that I sent you yesterday: this one was not made by me, and does not match my original skin theme. That is certainly no big deal, and does not affect functionality, but your file does not enable flat style buttons ( like the ones on my screenshot).

I attach a fix which restores my original skin and adds the specific V2 color theme ( commctrl.dll uses an internal bitmap resource for buttons, so the color theme must match the bitmap color used in the dll, otherwise it looks weird).

glad you like it.

oh about commctrl, it was my decision to use another (i did not like the flat style), but maybe you're right. anyway users an now download your version if they want thanks!

kitor - 2007-10-29 10:49 PM

Very good job Cmonex! IT'S COOL

BTW: I installed it from 1gb no name cf card without problems. I did everyting (download files, format card to fat16, uncompress files) on my nec (i burned my computer yesterday)

oh, how did you burn the computer?
these devices are very versatile
 Top of the page
Zordracc Page Icon Posted 2007-10-29 5:00 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Im extremly happy with the new rom, truly nice work indeed!
Without your roms... No fun at all!

Great work!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-10-29 7:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

glad to hear that!

i forgot to say something: if you have ppc apps hacked with execheck, you can try using the unpatched versions - install the CAB and see if it works out of thebox. would appreciate feedback

also, when i removed coredl2.dll from the rom, i put it in as the coredll.dll itself!
but in some cases, aygshelp.dll or aygsheld.dll may still be better than the default aygshell, even though improved

Edited by cmonex 2007-10-29 7:22 PM
 Top of the page
BentlyTCow
BentlyTCow Page Icon Posted 2007-10-29 8:40 PM
#
It's great, Cmonex! Even better than V1.0! It's really like having a laptop now! I only wish I hadn't agreed to give it to my sister-in-law when the update was finished Oh well, I'll just have to buy another one! Great great great job!!! Thank you Cmonex!

Now everybody donate for all her hard work!
 Top of the page
Brett45
Brett45 Page Icon Posted 2007-10-29 8:46 PM
#
Great job Cmonex. Amazingly, its even better than your Version 1.0 ROM.

I've got a question though. Is it possible to run Opera Mobile 8.65 or 8.6 without doing any hacking with this ROM? Or does Opera still require modification to run properly?
 Top of the page
sfangc Page Icon Posted 2007-10-29 9:04 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex, thanks so much, I like it very much!! WOW! You have just made a great milestone in HPC History.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.310 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 38