x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

custom roms for 900c!

« Prev ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... Next »
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 5:52 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

wingnutt54 - 2007-10-31 2:41 AM

Where can I get V2 from? I searched and no download was found. Sorry in advance if it is a dumb question new to the 900C and the site.

Check page 58 of this thread - third post from the top.
 Top of the page
frisser Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 8:34 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Geared2003 - 2007-10-30 11:01 AM
This problem has been reported many many times already... It is not V2 specific: it is a 900c problem. You didn't install the latest HPC Media Player (1.07), which includes a fix for this problem. I tried it with V2 ROM, and it works without any glitches.

Mmm.. I also have this problem with Resco Photoviewer. I started this porgram and then black screen..... Didn't have this problem before. Weird?
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 8:45 AM
#
H/PC Elite

frisser - 2007-10-30 2:34 PM

Mmm.. I also have this problem with Resco Photoviewer. I started this porgram and then black screen..... Didn't have this problem before. Weird?

Again, this is not V2 specific. WinCESoft GAPI doesn't play well with the 900c...
So be cautious with PPC programs that use GAPI ! I also had this problem with Resco and many other apps. What we really need is another GX.dll which would not cause such problems: I tried many GX.dlls, but none of them worked correctly on the 900c...

Edited by Geared2003 2007-10-31 8:46 AM
 Top of the page
frisser Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 9:00 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Ok, didn't know that GAPI was the problem.
Normally if you start a program that uses GAPI - it will show the WinCESoft logo - with Resco I didn't have this logo... so I thought that It didn't use GAPI.
 Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 9:07 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Cmonex, I played with your V2 ROM and I must say that I am really impressed. It seems technically perfect, and I like the choice of bundled applications. I know it took many hours, and I think that all users should really contribute with a paypal donation. In this world, too many people just say "give me, give me" or "help me", and never say "thank you"...

Anyway, the only (minor) thing that I don't like is some cosmetic changes you made: I already said that I didn't like the system colors and the toolbar buttons style that you implemented (commctrl.dll resources). But there is another thing I really don't like: you removed shortcut arrows - this is not only a cosmetic change, because you can't easily see the difference between a file and its shortcut (and it makes my 900c look like a PPC, which is a real shame). So people who prefer the original theme, including shortcut arrows can download the attached file (soft reset your device after installing the CAB): see screenshot.

Edited by Geared2003 2007-10-31 9:09 AM

(fix1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments V2 Skin Fix.zip (83KB - 69 downloads)
Attachments fix1.jpg (80KB - 12 downloads)
 Top of the page
hagisbasheruk Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 9:22 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

delete me

Edited by hagisbasheruk 2007-10-31 9:24 AM
 Top of the page
frisser Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 10:05 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Geared2003 - 2007-10-30 3:07 PM
..... I think that all users should really contribute with a paypal donation. In this world, too many people just say "give me, give me" or "help me", and never say "thank you"...

I totally agree!
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 10:44 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Geared, will this patch fix the previous skin issue as well? If so could you make two single patches? I'm asking this 'cause I like the default skin theme, but I'd like to fix the arrows shortcuts problem
 Top of the page
docsdad
docsdad Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 2:45 PM
#
Have just finished installing V-2. Really like it but now when I try to print to network, I get a return can not find printer, and the printer dialogs in word excel etc do not now ask for printer location, ie network. Have I done something wrong or is there some thing I have to do to get this printer setup dialog
 Top of the page
docsdad
docsdad Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 2:49 PM
#
Forget to add comment. I am now able to install Delorme X-Map handheld mapping program on the 900C with your new v2. Great. Haven't tried later models of Delorme Atlas yet but will soon try. Appreciate you hard work.
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 3:27 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

v2.0 works great on my 900 and my friends after the bootloader update... you can bet that I'll be sending some paypal shortly... great work!
 Top of the page
airhook Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 6:09 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Well I missed V2 by only half an hour - had to go to work -no mobile signal, so no conection.
Three days, wondering V2 was as good as everyone said it was.
It's BETTER!! It's AWESOME!!!
Thanks so much Cmonex.
Paypal went before I got V2
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 9:27 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

by the way Cmonex, you asked for feedback about the apps you included so...

I love that world clock and voice recorder are back, very nice and easy to use.
The ce2000 office stuff rocks...
gsfinder is very worthwhile as well.
DeClock is my alarm clock of choice on the road, works great

Thanks for mytools, as soon as I was done installing the rom, it got added to startup and the clock disabled... great tool!
soundwidget also got put into startup immediately, although I think microsoft mute might be a better choice personally (from the plus pack I think)
taskswitcher also works great.

I vote for the classic explorer mod as well in the next Rom It is exactly what I've been wanting and is almost powerful enough to consider leaving out one of the other options.

The textmaker typing fix also appears to make a HUGE difference. I vote for winwatch in the startup folder as well as overclocker by default myself.

And thanks for remap for the arrow keys, my keyboard and the games I play thank you

everything I have tried thus far works amazing, and I for one like the high contrast white, it allows me to turn down the brightness and save some battery power
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-10-31 10:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

frisser - 2007-10-31 6:00 AM

Ok, didn't know that GAPI was the problem.
Normally if you start a program that uses GAPI - it will show the WinCESoft logo - with Resco I didn't have this logo... so I thought that It didn't use GAPI.

Some apps have their own gx.dll file included in the installer. Usually it is placed in the app folder, but some installers try to place it in \Windows. I assume that didn't happen because you would have been asked during installation if you want to overwrite the existing gx.dll. Have you checked the app folder to see if gx.dll is there? If it is, get the gx.dll ZIP package from cmonex' site and try the others to see if they help. (I haven't used Resco PhotoViewer, so I don't know if it requires gx.dll.)
 Top of the page
frisser Page Icon Posted 2007-11-01 2:41 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2007-10-31 4:37 AM
Some apps have their own gx.dll file included in the installer. Usually it is placed in the app folder, but some installers try to place it in \Windows. I assume that didn't happen because you would have been asked during installation if you want to overwrite the existing gx.dll. Have you checked the app folder to see if gx.dll is there? If it is, get the gx.dll ZIP package from cmonex' site and try the others to see if they help. (I haven't used Resco PhotoViewer, so I don't know if it requires gx.dll.)

I don't think it use gx.dll - these are the files Resco Photoviewer use:

I will experiment with some settings... maybe it's a small thing.

Edited by frisser 2007-11-01 2:47 AM
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.316 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 37