x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

custom roms for 900c!

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... Next »
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-11 7:44 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Now that I know I can and have switched roms successfully, I can't wait for this to come out!
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-04-11 8:55 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Is it possible to generate a HPC2k ROM with IE5.5 or 6.0 in place of 4.01? If so, then we have a great choice between HPC2k and CE .NET 4.2.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-11 9:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well you first need to get it working on hpc2000. i don't think it is an easy task but one day i will try to look into this. C:Amie once got the ui running (not the rendering). i wonder if isotherm's redgear would help.
 Top of the page
NelsonTheUnholy Page Icon Posted 2007-04-11 9:44 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hows it coming???
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-14 11:32 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok i bet everyone is real impatient now.

so update, i put everything together, including all the new / changed registry entries, etc.. then i tried to flash this final edition.

it flashed ok as always. then i tried to boot it - and it wouldn't boot!

i really had no idea why not! then after lots of debugging (yeah how to debug if not flashing the rom again and again), found out what was needed to be done with the registry file. you don't want to hear how much time i wasted yesterday on this. i was really at my wits end or whatever. was *almost* ready to give up. but just almost, and i found out the trick today..

so now i just need to test it out for 1-2 days, using it whatnot, and then it will be released! woo hoo!

might put in a few more stuff quickly, but then i'll really release it! thanks for the patience.

p.s. of course, i will also write an exhaustive tutorial detailing the tricks as well

Edited by cmonex 2007-04-14 11:35 PM
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-04-15 12:17 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Congratulations! It's a remarkable success! I look forward to your release of the custom ROM everybody has been waiting for.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-15 1:34 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yep.. i really had no idea what the problem could be - i'm still not sure but at least the solution works.

oh and i've started writing the tutorial
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-04-15 3:54 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex - 2007-04-15 12:32 AM

ok i bet everyone is real impatient now.

so update, i put everything together, including all the new / changed registry entries, etc.. then i tried to flash this final edition.

it flashed ok as always. then i tried to boot it - and it wouldn't boot!

i really had no idea why not! then after lots of debugging (yeah how to debug if not flashing the rom again and again), found out what was needed to be done with the registry file. you don't want to hear how much time i wasted yesterday on this. i was really at my wits end or whatever. was *almost* ready to give up. but just almost, and i found out the trick today..

so now i just need to test it out for 1-2 days, using it whatnot, and then it will be released! woo hoo!

might put in a few more stuff quickly, but then i'll really release it! thanks for the patience.

p.s. of course, i will also write an exhaustive tutorial detailing the tricks as well

If any rom for that matter, doesn't boot, is it easy to fix? I mean the handheld.
 Top of the page
oldkr Page Icon Posted 2007-04-15 5:28 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

cmonex,

thank you my friend your tireless work is appreciated by all!

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-04-15 6:34 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day...teach a man to fish and he will never go hungry. The rom flash will be nice, but the tutorial will be priceless....

Rich
 Top of the page
segaklon Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 3:04 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

When we can enjoy that ROM?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 3:44 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Rich: i agree and so the tutorial is almost complete now.

i tried to make it newbie friendly but that's a very difficult task actually. the best i could do was explaining every detail and including some basic tips also marking the more difficult and not absolutely necessary parts as advanced. but this made it quite long as well, so hopefully someone will actually have the patience to read what i wrote.

hmm not necessarily everything, there are many parts that can be skipped, so maybe less patience is needed. oh and there is one part that i bet no one dares to read as it is so advanced and experimental

segaklon: tonight or tomorrow at the latest. itwill be available for download along with the tutorial

Edited by cmonex 2007-04-16 3:46 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 5:05 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok i finished the tutorial. now i'm going to test my image a little more, clean the remaining mess in it (not much) and then release it along with the tutorial and tools package.
 Top of the page
wondemad Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 9:13 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Cmonex,

I am looking foreword to it.
 Top of the page
NelsonTheUnholy Page Icon Posted 2007-04-16 9:31 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Cmonex your rule you foxy European.
 Top of the page